Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre availability in Donabate, map shows enabled, my area not

Options
  • 20-11-2013 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I've been eagerly awaiting eFibre so I could finally receive a service somewhat worthy of 2013. 

I moved premise to the Donabate area, coming away from UPC's 150mb package where I was spoiled with receiving nearly full speeds with little or no downtime over a lengthy period of years.

According to the map on the website and a press statement, the Donabate area is completed. My understanding is that no further work is being completed in the Donabate area.

I am in the centre of the village, surrounded by large estates and somewhat shocked and suprised my premise is not able to receive eFbire.

My address is Balalease Court, and I would appreciate any information on if my location will be enabled anytime soon. I'm pretty shocked there isn't fibre availability in the area for a start, but being restricted to paying a high rate for ADSL technology is just as disappointing.

Thanks,
    Dan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

TheDoc wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I've been eagerly awaiting eFibre so I could finally receive a service somewhat worthy of 2013. 

I moved premise to the Donabate area, coming away from UPC's 150mb package where I was spoiled with receiving nearly full speeds with little or no downtime over a lengthy period of years.

According to the map on the website and a press statement, the Donabate area is completed. My understanding is that no further work is being completed in the Donabate area.

I am in the centre of the village, surrounded by large estates and somewhat shocked and suprised my premise is not able to receive eFbire.

My address is Balalease Court, and I would appreciate any information on if my location will be enabled anytime soon. I'm pretty shocked there isn't fibre availability in the area for a start, but being restricted to paying a high rate for ADSL technology is just as disappointing.

Thanks,
    Dan.

Hi TheDoc

I've looked into this in detail and I can confirm that although efibre has launched in Donabate not all areas within Donabate have been upgraded to efibre.

I've contacted efibre operations and requested information on Balalease court where I've been informed that at this moment in time they are unable to offer a timeframe as to when it will be available however they feel that it may be within 12 to 18 months although this is speculative.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Thanks for the response, albeit disappointing news 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

TheDoc wrote: »
    Thanks for the response, albeit disappointing news 

[font=Times New Roman","serif]No worries TheDoc[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Sorry I didn’t have better news[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]