Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v4] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,791 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

That moneylender has reset the wooden level to an all time high.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rocky1813

What has Callum done to his hair. Looks like a toilet brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Hotchkiss wrote: »
    Hello everyone, first time poster...I have been enjoying reading this forum for quite some time,

welcome to the thread, just dont mention Stephen he who shall not be named, and you will be fine

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Hotchkiss

nice_very wrote: »
    welcome to the thread, just dont mention Stephen he who shall not be named, and you will be fine

Thanks.! I'll keep that in mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭Roger00

Any chance someone could post the spoilers again? You need to hit reply on a smartphone to see them but you can't reply on the last thread because it has been closed (which I just realised after a very frustrating half an hour).

On a smart phone/tablet tap the spoiler
    with your finger & the spoiler will be revealed, works for me, I've never pressed
    reply to reveal a spoiler. I'm using the android app btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭Roger00

Any chance someone could post the spoilers again? You need to hit reply on a smartphone to see them but you can't reply on the last thread because it has been closed (which I just realised after a very frustrating half an hour).

On a smart phone/tablet tap the spoiler
    with your finger & the spoiler will be revealed, works for me, I've never pressed
    reply to reveal a spoiler. I'm using the android app btw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Doubleskipper

nice_very wrote: »

Wise words from nice_very

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Are the bishops really gone for good??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Casey and Comiskey definitely are :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

** tumbleweed blowing in the wind **

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Doubleskipper

Pigtailed Jane is big trouble for Paul. Three grand won't be enough to send her packing. Poor Niamh having to put up with Paul and his many women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Pigtailed Jane is big trouble for Paul. Three grand won't be enough to send her packing. Poor Niamh having to put up with Paul and his many women.
    Pigtailed Jane is big trouble for Niamh I think . She is a right little minx , Paul will have to get the leg over if his past is anything to go by

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

No - I very much doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Hitchens wrote: »
    Casey and Comiskey definitely are :)

There is always one smart Alec at the back of the class 😜😄

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭July Rain

since when does Laura work full time at the station ? I thought she was a full time fitness instructor ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

July Rain wrote: »
    since when does Laura work full time at the station ? I thought she was a full time fitness instructor ?

So did I and that she was only 'helping out'? Now she seems to really need that job. Pretty much the same for Sean too right? He is still in Spar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

Just re-watching the final season of Love Hate and I googled the actor who played Wayne. He is Barry Keoghan and apparently he was in FC in 2011 as a character called Dave Donoghue. Anyone remember him ??

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4422686/

jos28 wrote: »
    Just re-watching the final season of Love Hate and I googled the actor who played Wayne. He is Barry Keoghan and apparently he was in FC in 2011 as a character called Dave Donoghue. Anyone remember him ??

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4422686/

Googled it but got nothing further to add. Early 2011, can't remember what the story line was back then. Lucy was introduced, Damien was getting beaten up, Tommy was starting off being 'organic' and Carol was cheating on Christie. God where are the years gone!

You used to be able to have a look at the summaries on the RTE Fair City site but I can't see to do it now :(

After some snooping around I got these...ring any bells?

EP 018
    TX Wednesday 26th January 2011

Caoimhe agrees to have a party so that she can get Dean to cater for it.

Lucy calls to Dolores and confides to her that her parents are in financial difficulties.

In the surgery Decco calls to take his Mom out for lunch just so he can talk to Caoimhe. Caoimhe tells Tommy that she’s having her party and Decco overhears this. She asks him to fix the magazine and laughs behind his back which Judith spots. Later he is furious when Vivienne infers he is not good enough for Caoimhe.

In Vinos Pete, Dolores, Wayne and Lucy have dinner. Pete quietly suggests to Wayne that Dolores may be convincing herself of the link between her and Jessica. Despite his feelings for Lucy, Wayne becomes uneasy.

EP 019
    TX Thursday 27th January 2011

Wayne resolves to speak to Dolores about Lucy. Lucy calls around to Dolores’s house offering to pay for some of the food or taxi that Dolores paid for last night. Dolores refuses to take the money. She goes to the kitchen and Wayne barges, in not realising that Lucy is there, saying that he doesn’t approve of Lucy.

Louie uses Carol’s worries over Bob to put pressure on her to tell Christy of the affair.

Charlotte has lunch with Decco and he lets her mitch off the rest of school to go to the cinema with him. Caoimhe enters and to spite Vivienne asks a thrilled Decco to the party. Later Decco raises cash for Caoimhe’s party by shifting stolen goods. He has decided to get another surprise for the night. He tells a depressed Vivienne that he’s going to the 21st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Rachel in friends dressed as Princess Leia for Ross so Orla being Irelands Jennifer Aniston dresses as Wonder Woman. Pathetic.

• Advertisement

Jane "I get it, I get it" .......ad nauseum :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I reckon Paul and Jane will be having a fling before long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

The Wayne and toys / comic books story is very complex.

He's practically begging Seán to take a box off his hands.
    Yet Orla has a fit when she hears that a separate box given to Ben has been donated to the Helping Hand and sold on.

Does he want them or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

The faces Queeva Dillon pulls would turn milk sour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,007 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

What woman (over 9 years of age) wears pigtails EVERY DAY!

I was away for a WEEK! And Aertv and RTE player didnt work abroad.

So I came home tonight and see FC.

Are you all telling me, that the woman, sorry little girl, with the pigtails is Callum's mother. :eek:

You've got to be joking here. Please tell me I'm wrong.

Maybe I need another holiday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Hope Jane sticks along long enough to meet Pete. I wonder if they'll recognise each other from Glenroe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Some collectible value you got there Wayne. That GN of Watchmen was the reprint that came out for the release of the movie a few years ago, not the original paperback.

If Wayne was so concerned about someone taking care of his comics and memorabilia, he would have used eBay or something to ensure that not only would a collector who would appreciate them get them, as opposed to Ben Fahey or some other brat, but in their original packaging Wayne could make upwards of a few hundred euro per figure, which I assume would interest the broke and heavily in debt Wayne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I predict that Paul will slip Jane the sausage by next Sunday.

Fair play to orla for bringing a bit of roleplay to carraigstown

moy83 wrote: »
    Fair play to orla for bringing a bit of roleplay to carraigstown

she looked uneasy wearing it, and I wouldn't blame her :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Rebus2013

Trade descriptions act...wonder woman wtf?

Hard to believe but she looked uglier than usual.

Ps is there a chronic shortage of actress's in the country. Could they not have sourced a credibly aged woman to be Callum's mother.

As for Wayne's comics????

Mod Edit: Week off, as per charter.

She deserved an extra 20 squid for that scene alright

She deserved an extra 20 squid for that scene alright

Wahey! :P

If Wayne had all those valuable goodies, why didn't he sell them on Ebay and use the money towards his debts to Dolores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Hope Jane sticks along long enough to meet Pete. I wonder if they'll recognise each other from Glenroe?

It's a pity Blackie Connors snuffed it. They could have had a great oul reunion between the three of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

If Wayne had all those valuable goodies, why didn't he sell them on Ebay and use the money towards his debts to Dolores

It's Fair City. Nothing ever makes sense.

Be some craic if one of them sold for near the million quid after he gave them away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

When Jane was in Glenroe didn't she make a play for Dick Moran? I remember being totally jealous at the time.... Dick Moran was my guilty pleasure for manys a year! :D

Be some craic if one of them sold for near the million quid after he gave them away

Especially if Paul Brennan was the one and he had bought it in the Helping Hand for €1 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,696 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

nlgbbbblth wrote: »

Who was she in Glenroe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,696 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Judith is such a snob, bar work is beneath her daughter, she is always interfering as well and thinking he knows best what "the kids" should be doing.

Good auld Tommy told her some home truths though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Scarpetta1

Radio5 wrote: »
    Are you sure about that? I thought her dad was an actor in the Reardons. She was in the Clinic a few years back. She's wayyy too young to be playing Callums mother.

I think her Dad was Joe Pilkington, Eamon in The Riordans.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

Radio5 wrote: »
    ....She's wayyy too young to be playing Callums mother.

According to google, she's 42. Whether she's in her late thirties or early forties, she looks great - all "mammies" don't all look like "mammies" these days - it's 2013!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Yangedd

Judith is such a snob. Good on Tommy for telling her how it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Judith is such a snob, bar work is beneath her daughter, she is always interfering as well and thinking he knows best what "the kids" should be doing.

Good auld Tommy told her some home truths though.

Her judgement is way off wanting Caoimhe to go to medical school. She has such a horrid, unkind personality. She'd be turning off patients life support so she could clock off. Next Harold shipman.

Scarpetta1 wrote: »
    I think her Dad was Joe Pilkington, Eamon in The Riordans.

That's a coincidence cos Carol's (Aisling O'Neill) Dad was Michael in The Riordans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭kinkygirl

Her judgement is way off wanting Caoimhe to go to medical school. She has such a horrid, unkind personality. She'd be turning off patients life support so she could clock off. Next Harold shipman.

:D:D

Her judgement is way off wanting Caoimhe to go to medical school. She has such a horrid, unkind personality. She'd be turning off patients bedblockers life support so she could clock off. Next Harold shipman.

fyp :p

Yangedd wrote: »
    Judith is such a snob. Good on Tommy for telling her how it is.

remember your noting without a college education :pac:

hate Judith now

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement