Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating Geo Clusters

Options
  • 20-11-2013 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Wondering if anyone knows if its possible to get Google earth to create a view in which you can identify clusters of coordinates within a certain radius.

I receive data about 4 different events, each report I receive contains geo coordinates. I need to identify when a cluster of 3 or more incidents take place withing a 2 mile radius. At the moment the number of reports is low so I have just been copying it into Google Earth/Batchgeo and zooming in on each of the areas where I think there is a cluster.

However I am expecting my reports to start increasing dramatically so I am trying to scope out the easiest method of identify these clusters. The reports I receive come in a csv and json format, but I have been using converters to get them into KML files

This is a 'nice to have' request now but if it was also possible to find a way to export the data behind only the cluster. That way I can remove them from future reports.

Advertisement