Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Cork to Dublin

Options
  • 20-11-2013 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I am planning to move from Cork city to Dublin in a couple of months and just need some advice.
    My work will be based in Dublin 2; I checked DAFT and the rentals in that area are crazy...
    In addition I would need to rent a house because I have a family.

Can you please recommend any area that is not too far from Dublin 2 and a bit close to a primary school for my kids?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

do you know what primary school they will be in and where exactly in Dublin 2 will you be working? Do you require a 2 or 3 bed?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 bgmorgan79

You will dinf some good neighborhoods in Dublin 18, and you can get Luas to town. If you are looking to save on your rent I would probably consider Greystones Co.Wilclow, some great neighborhoods and you can use DART.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Unless you have the money to rent a property in Merrion Square there is not much to rent in Dublin 2.
    I would suggest that you look at the Dundrum, Sandyford, Ballinteer area. It ticks all the boxes as an area with good schools, sports clubs and recreational facilities. It is also serviced by the Luas Green line for commuting. Unfortunately the rental costs are what they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Dublin 2 is probably the most accessible part of Dublin by public transport, with excellent Bus, Luas and Dart connections. I would forget close and look at accessible.

Advertisement