Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleted system fonts

• 20-11-2013 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

I've started a graphic design job, but the company uses Windows. I'm fine with tidying up fonts on OS X and managing fonts with a third party font manager.

I've followed the best instructions I can get on doing the same in Windows, but I can't identify which font (all of which I've backed up) is used by MS Outlook 2010 and some dialog boxes, such as the 'Save' dialog including the input field where you enter the filename.

Basically, the nice sans serif font has been replaced with an ugly, chunky Terminal style font. Windows also doesn't allow me to change this font to another similar one.

Does anyone know what font(s) I need to reinstall?

See the attachment for what I'm talking about.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

After pursuing this, I believe the incriminating font is 'MS Reference Sans Serif' (REFSAN.TTF).

Does anyone know what this font is for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

I spoke too soon. Something's gone iffy. Ideas what font would make MS Outlook and certain dialog boxes get weird font issues?

Advertisement