Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account set up in my name fraudently by now deceased what to do?

Options
  • 20-11-2013 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am seeking advice or suggestion on the following as i am unsure what route to resolve this situation.

I was with my partner for 2 years prior to his sudden death 3 months ago. We never lived together as i had my own residence, but I would stay a couple of times a week. Some time Following my partners death, his ex wife moved back into his house as they were not divorced. She passed on a bill to me which was made out in my name as resident at that address.

This was the first i had ever seen of this bill and did not authorise any account to be opened in my name. I rang the company to explain the situation. I asked what identification they had in order to open this account and they informed that an application can be made online, with no payment details required. They explained the matter was with a credit management agency now and would no longer be dealing with me.

Payment had never been made on this account but it was still open for a period of 6 months which accrued a bill of over €500

I believe the bill is with a debt collection agency at the moment. As i am not or never was resident at the house i am not receiving any notices and would not be in contact with the ex wife if any post arrived for me. I would rather know where i stand on this position prior to making contact with this agency.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Contact a solicitor

We're not allowed to give legal advice on Boards, and from what I can tell, this would fall under that category

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Taz2210

Thank you :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement