Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fanad Lighthouse Aerial Photographer

Options
  • 20-11-2013 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi all,
    I would like to get a version of this photograph for the home. Does anybody know the photographer or where I could get a high quality version of the photo.
    Thanks,
    Philip.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

A google reverse image search shows that it is on a good few site's as a "stock image" where usually people can buy the image for use on their own website ect. Mail one of the sites and ask them how much for a hi res digital copy for printing will be.

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-95328655/stock-photo-fanad-head-donegal-ireland.html + http://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-image-fanad-head-county-donegal-ireland-image23175676#res170862

Edit; Photo seems to have been taken by a fella called Niall Dunne this is a link to his site http://www.corbisimages.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

dreamstime is £10 for a 3503x2283px but 12 for a 4740x3090px (they work on credits)

shutterstock is £29 but you get 5 images for that and that includes 4784x3156px sizes

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Badda Bing

A reverse image search eh! Neat trick. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Badda Bing wrote: »
    A reverse image search eh! Neat trick. Thanks for that.

images.google.com drag the image in question to the page. Tineye.com has the same kinda things.

If you are on Chrome you can have an addon for both for when you right click and i'd sure firefox has something like that too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Hi Badda Bing, I do a bit of Aerial Photography by using a remote controlled quadcopter. I could easily get a similar image for you of the lighthouse if you'd be interested. Here's a few samples of some I took over the past few weeks…

If you're on Facebook, you can check out my full album here

Lough Fern, Milford
    7Kp27c.jpg

Balyness Pier, Falcarragh
    8iyvXR.jpg

Magheroarty Pier
    6KEcXx.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭malibu4u

nice photos boxfresh, sounds a great idea using a quadcoptor

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Badda Bing

Hi Boxfresh,

you have some nice photos there.

I registered with ShutterStock [thanks to homer simpson] and got the photo through them.

Thanks for the reply.

Philip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Thanks guys, I have just set up a page with all my aerial photos on it last night. It's almost at 200 likes already. If you're on Facebook you can check it out.

www.Facebook.com/AerialViewsDonegal

Cheers!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Show us a photo of the quadcopter. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭colonel-yum-yum

irish_goat wrote: »
    Show us a photo of the quadcopter. :P

Taken with another quadcopter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭malibu4u

do not go too close with the second quadcoptor...or bang....and parts falling from the sky. ouch

Advertisement