Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House booking deposit returned?

Options
  • 20-11-2013 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I hope im posting this in the right place. Myself and my partner put a booking deposit on a new house back in.June. We've just been mortgage approved and the house just started being built. I set the developers a list of questions my sister(who is a qs) advised me to ask. Then today i got an e mail telling me that they were no longer proceeding with the sale to us" and when i rang him he said that as we had no.contract signed he could do it and he didn't have to give us a reason. There's no prob from the mortgage side of things so im genuinely stumped. Has anyone ever heard of this happening??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Is there a chance that things have fallen apart on their side, possibly financially?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

doesn't matter weather anybody has heard of it. The fact is that he is perfectly entitled to cancel the sale legally if you haven't signed contracts.

sounds like whatever questions you were asking he didn't like the sound of. In which case its probably a close miss your end anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Love to see the questions, sounds like you were wrecking the developers head.
    If the house is in Dublin he will get more for it than you agreed in June

• Registered Users Posts: 7 chiefinio

Is there a chance that things have fallen apart on their side, possibly financially?

That's something i was thinking myself tbh.

D3PO wrote: »
    doesn't matter weather anybody has heard of it. The fact is that he is perfectly entitled to cancel the sale legally if you haven't signed contracts.

sounds like whatever questions you were asking he didn't like the sound of. In which case its probably a close miss your end anyway.

i agree...any builder that can't stand over his houses raises a red flag to me.

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    Love to see the questions, sounds like you were wrecking the developers head.
    If the house is in Dublin he will get more for it than you agreed in June

yup its in Dublin and the next phase after ours has already had the price raised....maybe they got a better offer....he wouldnt tell us so i guess we'll never know! Yes i prob did annoy him but surely when making such a huge purchase your entitled to ask as many questions as you like!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

sounds like you may have dodged a bullet.

Advertisement