Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concentrated Beef Consommé

Options
  • 20-11-2013 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for tins of concentrated consommé. I can't find it anywhere. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Campbell's still do a concentrated beef consommé. I presume you've checked your local supermarkets though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Campbell's still do a concentrated beef consommé. I presume you've checked your local supermarkets though.

I checked Tesco and Dunnes. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

When you are looking look down towards the bottom shelves. I find it is always on very low shelves in any of my local supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Baxters do it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I havent been able to find it for the past few years, if anyone comes across it can they please post where.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 little_flower

Hi, does anyone know where I can get this in Dublin? I don't mind what brand, I am finding it quite difficult to source!

Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Hi, does anyone know where I can get this in Dublin? I don't mind what brand, I am finding it quite difficult to source!

Many thanks.

Any Tesco will have it, I'm pretty sure Dunnes have it as well, as Miaireland said above you need to have a good look for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

54kroc wrote: »
    Any Tesco will have it, I'm pretty sure Dunnes have it as well, as Miaireland said above you need to have a good look for it.

Can you give a specific Tesco or Dunnes please because I have checked all my local stores, Tesco Tallaght, Rathfarnham and Dunnes Tallaght, Nutgrove and Kilnamanagh plus Tesco online, and none of them have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭good one

Hi,
    I don't think I've seen the Campbell's Beef Consommé (concentrate) since the BSE scare.
    Bovril was also taken off the shelves at the time, but is now back thankfully.

I was in Sainsburys (Newry) to-day and they have Baxter's Beef Consommé 400g, ready to serve for £1.69, but no other consommé in stock.

I've also been looking for the concentrated version in supermarkets noth and south and Baxters is the only type I've seen.

regards
    Good One

Advertisement