Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evision box does not work with Av amp

Options
  • 20-11-2013 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I got evision installed about 2 weeks ago but there is one major problem.

I connect everything through an av amp, Sky HD (which evision was replacing), xbox 360, blu ray & Netgear Media player. All of these devices work no problem through this amp. Now when I connect the Evision box into any of the HDMI inputs on the amp it goes into a continuous reboot. It switches on Eircom loading screen shows and then it immediately reboots and keeps doing the same thing indefinitely.

Once I disconnect the HDMI cable from the amp and connect through the TV it works straight away, box boots and menu comes on screen. The issue seems to be that the evison box cannot tell the amp what it is and so it sends it into this powering on\off cycle. Now I know the problem is not the amp as every other piece of equipment I have works no problem through HDMI.

I know I could connect just the audio from the evision box to the amp but then I still have to switch inputs on the TV and then a different input on the amp for that to work and believe me it's not worth the hassle showing the wife how to do that.

Any ideas what I can do here? I have tried all the various settings on the amp, hdmi control on\off, Arc and everything else I could think of but nothing works

The amp is a Sony STR-DH810 7.1, HDMI 1.4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

deadmeat wrote: »
    I got evision installed about 2 weeks ago but there is one major problem.

I connect everything through an av amp, Sky HD (which evision was replacing), xbox 360, blu ray & Netgear Media player. All of these devices work no problem through this amp. Now when I connect the Evision box into any of the HDMI inputs on the amp it goes into a continuous reboot. It switches on Eircom loading screen shows and then it immediately reboots and keeps doing the same thing indefinitely.

Once I disconnect the HDMI cable from the amp and connect through the TV it works straight away, box boots and menu comes on screen. The issue seems to be that the evison box cannot tell the amp what it is and so it sends it into this powering on\off cycle. Now I know the problem is not the amp as every other piece of equipment I have works no problem through HDMI.

I know I could connect just the audio from the evision box to the amp but then I still have to switch inputs on the TV and then a different input on the amp for that to work and believe me it's not worth the hassle showing the wife how to do that.

Any ideas what I can do here? I have tried all the various settings on the amp, hdmi control on\off, Arc and everything else I could think of but nothing works

The amp is a Sony STR-DH810 7.1, HDMI 1.4

Hi deadmeat

Sorry to hear of this, the best advice I can offer is to contact technical support on 1890260260 for help with this however I must say that it doesn’t seem to be an issue with the amp. Hopefully there may be just a change in settings required.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement