Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housing - Cork County Council

Options
  • 20-11-2013 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys, after 8 years on the council waiting list myself and my husband were offered a council house unfortunately the house wasn't suitable for us and our 3 children so we had to refuse the property, I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea how long it will be before we get offered another property? We are eager to get a house and didn't turn down the other house lightheartedly but I'm worried that the council will not deem us as important as other family's now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

EKB1986 wrote: »
    Hi guys, after 8 years on the council waiting list myself and my husband were offered a council house unfortunately the house wasn't suitable for us and our 3 children so we had to refuse the property, I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea how long it will be before we get offered another property? We are eager to get a house and didn't turn down the other house lightheartedly but I'm worried that the council will not deem us as important as other family's now.

Hard to say cork cc was in the headlines not so long ago when they released excuses why people were turning down property when they supposedly in dire need of housing ,
    Including gardens not big enough for trampolines and not enough space for multiple pets

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EKB1986

Yeah I actually received my letter the day after it was in the papers which did me make wonder had they even really given though to wether the house was suitable, our reasons for refusing weren't anything silly, my eldest son has a mild disability and it's important he has a bedroom of his own and the house offered wouldn't have allowed that and it was also very far from their school and it just isn't n option to change schools. As of yet I haven't had any reply from the council - not even to say they received our refusal so I have no idea what happens next.

Advertisement