Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barter to increase profits at farmers market

Options
  • 20-11-2013 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Ok here is my concept , figures are hypotheotical. I grow potatoes ,go to my local farmers market and sell say ten bags at 5 euros an apple producer goes to his local market and sell s his apples for 2 Euro a bag. I agree to value my potatoes at 3 euro a bag and the apple producer his apples 1.50 a bag .I barter 10 bags of potatoes for 20 bags of apples we agree to sell to the public at the new barter price and thus I get paid for my potatoes through the sale of the apples which I keep, I come to a similar arrangement with a veg grower. I have reduced my prices but increased my sales and by cutting out the middle man an able to sell produce at wholesale prices to the public competing with the multi nationals. I am also selling my produce by proxy at two new markets without the inconvience and cost of attending . Is this scheme barking Mad or should I consider it further. Thank you for reading

Comments

Advertisement