Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

String broke / sponge stuck

Options
  • 20-11-2013 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

I was pulling out sponges tonight and a string broke on one of my ewes so I couldn't get sponge out - I spent about 1 hr and can feel the sponge but only with the tip of my fingers.

Any ideas...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Disinfect a long nose pliers and use that, I would be more worried that it is so difficult to remove, it should come away a lot easier. Did the string come undone I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭DK man

I was pulling and it was v tight - just kept pulling and snap..

I eventually got hold of the broken piece and was pulling that and there was resistance so I pulled and then the whole piece of string came out....

It is a ewe lamb so probably tighter than a mature ewe

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Why were you sponging a ewe lamb? Other than that I would still be worried about why the sponge stuck. Sponges aren't that big being tighter than a mature ewe would mean you put an easy lambing ram on them not that something the size of a sponge gets stuck.

Advertisement