Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Router Connected but no Internet Access

Options
  • 20-11-2013 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi can anybody help me please. My Wi-Fi is saying connected but no internet access. I cannot use the internet. Any advice please?

[IMG][/img]emj0.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,369 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what is your isp and router?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭beanok77

Hi

ISP is Magnet and Router is Ruckus

Thanks

If you connect directly to the router using a network cable, do you have internet activity?

We could go a few steps like reseting the network adaptor and deleting previous wireless signals

I have tried resetting the router, Plugged it out, etc. When I connect cable directly to laptop nothing happens.

Wouldn't know how to delete previous wireless signals.

I'm currently connected through my neighbours unsecured network.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Reboot your computer. If problem persists, REMOVE the settings for the wifi network and add it again.

If problem persists further, do hardware reset on router (look for pinhole at back) and set it up from scratch.

If you can't do this get a technical friend to come and help. If you don't have any techy friends then it's time to make some, either that or pay an engineer lots of money.

• Advertisement

If you have connected directly to the router using the network cable and still cant use the internet, there is somthing wrong. I dont know alot about Magnet but googling it seems that Ruckus are their own router so the settings should be right on that router.

Has the internet ever worked using magnet before or is this first time setting up?

what errors do you get when connected directly to the router? Also turn off IPV6
    http://www.informationweek.com/how-to-disable-ipv6-on-windows-7-/d/d-id/1099490?

Just ring magnet support?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

crappy wifi driver... upgrade your wifi driver

is your wifi adapter an atheros wifi adapter? they are notoriously buggy.

This means download driver from manufacturer and install manually. Do not expect windows update to do it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Not sure how it would be a WiFi driver issue if the OP can't even connect using a cable straight from the router. Sounds like the issue is with Magnet as has been suggested previously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

"Wireless security type mismatch" is in the troubleshooter - OP you most likely have multiple Wireless Profiles saved for this network with clashing WPA password settings. You need to remove all of these and then reconnect.

To do this, go to Start Menu > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Manage Wireless Networks

oit_asset_148877.png

From here, right click on all related to your Magnet connection and select Remove. Once done, click the Wireless icon again - refresh and reconnect with the Magnet provided WPA password, once connected please test your internet.

HSUwireless.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

Soundman wrote: »
    Not sure how it would be a WiFi driver issue if the OP can't even connect using a cable straight from the router. Sounds like the issue is with Magnet as has been suggested previously.

op never said he cannot connect using the cable.

a buggy wifi driver will not connect to wifi even with security disabled

Atheros AR 5007 is one such wifi adapter plagued by bad drivers.

there is a fix for this here if your wifi adapter is the AR5007b/g http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=1847703&swItem=ob-82549-1&mode=4&idx=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

op never said he cannot connect using the cable.

Yes they did. It was in post #5:
    beanok77 wrote: »
    I have tried resetting the router, Plugged it out, etc. When I connect cable directly to laptop nothing happens.

Wouldn't know how to delete previous wireless signals.

I'm currently connected through my neighbours unsecured network.

Thanks again

Thanks for all the help on this.

ISP resolved issue from their end

Advertisement