Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Car bought from Motor Mania

Options
  • 20-11-2013 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

If anyone or anyone you know is buying a Car up in Dublin please for your own sake stay away from MOTOR MANIA, PALMERSTOWN, we have had nothing but trouble with the used Car that we bought off them in May 2013, in September (less than 4 months after we bought it) there was a problem with the turbo and the oil light came on, we were advised by a garage not to drive it, I tried for days to speak to the guy who sold us the car and they eventually agreed to take the car back to have a look at it (we had to pay €180 to have it towed up to them as they wouldn't take any responsibility for getting it to their premises), this was after having to pay for stuff to be done on the car that we were told had been done as part of a full service when we were buying it.

It was 6 weeks before we got the car back, they were suppose to be trying to fix the problems, I was constantly on the phone being passed between 2 of the guys there and only occasionally getting to speak to the guy who sold us the car, each week we would be told that it would be ready within the next few days and that they would ring us when it was ready, we would hear nothing so then I would have to start the phoning again, on 3 occasions they told us it would be ready that day and when we arrived to collect it (after driving up from Laois) we were told it was not ready, on one occasion we actually picked up the car and got two miles down the road before the oil light came on again.

We finally got it back last week and got it all the way home without the light coming on and we thought it was finally fixed, but the next time we went out in the car the oil light came back on. At this stage we are not even going to try and get them to look at it again as I don't believe they know what they are doing and I am not going to pay another towing fee to get it dropped back up to them again, I also feel they will just keep messing us about again, we are going to try and get it fixed ourselves. I just can't do any more hassle, it's not worth the stress that we went through. If anyone would like to pm me for more details feel free.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mcgemma

I also purchased a car from motormania and there were issues with my car for a few problems , Iv been stressed and upset with my car feeling like I have been taken advantage of or lied to and just very disappointed as was told the day of purchase the car was like new because there was nothing wrong with it and singing the cars praises but it wasnt fine it had a few issues which were said to me by my regular mechanic afterwards, the car was supposed to have a full car service with motor mania also which I know wasnt done it was just an oil change and filter. Dealing with this dealership who has tried to give me the run around on occassion has brought me alot of stress and there still remains an issue with the car that wasnt resolved as motormania said they couldnt solve what was wrong... which is probably because they didnt take the proper time and effort to find out so Iv had to accept that I will have to solve it myself. This has been my experience anyway and I hope others wont have the same when purchasing from this dealership. In future, I will withold a % of the cost of a car until I have another mechanic to check it out and then hand over the last % when the car is deemed fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Audreyly

mcgemma wrote: »
    I also purchased a car from motormania and there were issues with my car for a few problems , Iv been stressed and upset with my car feeling like I have been taken advantage of or lied to and just very disappointed as was told the day of purchase the car was like new because there was nothing wrong with it and singing the cars praises but it wasnt fine it had a few issues which were said to me by my regular mechanic afterwards, the car was supposed to have a full car service with motor mania also which I know wasnt done it was just an oil change and filter. Dealing with this dealership who has tried to give me the run around on occassion has brought me alot of stress and there still remains an issue with the car that wasnt resolved as motormania said they couldnt solve what was wrong... which is probably because they didnt take the proper time and effort to find out so Iv had to accept that I will have to solve it myself. This has been my experience anyway and I hope others wont have the same when purchasing from this dealership. In future, I will withold a % of the cost of a car until I have another mechanic to check it out and then hand over the last % when the car is deemed fine.

I totally sympathise with your situation, I know how you have felt with the stress, the upset and the feeling of being a total mug. I don't know how these guys can live with what they are doing to people. The vehicle I purchased is currently on the drive gathering dust and it looks like it will need a new engine and I don't think i want to spend that much money on it. I am considering going legal. It is disgraceful that nothing has been done about this behaviour. I have just told everyone i have met about my experiences with this crowd and I hope that the message gets around and it saves someone else the hassle that i have been through

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

As already mentioned, take it to an appropriate forum. This is now being closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement