Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your favourite recipe including chicken?

Options
  • 21-11-2013 7:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

So I haven't had chicken for dinner lately (except Sunday dinner of course) and I was thinking about trying out something different for tomorrow's dinner with the main ingredient being a chicken breast. Any suggestions? Preferably not deep fried (I'm not weight conscious, I just can't figure out how to use a deep fryer!)
    Thanks guys :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

I am not a fan of chicken at all :o but if I do cook chicken breasts I either open them up and stuff them with something, cream cheese, garlic, mustard depending on what I have and roll them back up with bacon wrapped round them and roast them. Or I stirfry it with vegetables, soya sauce, garlic, ginger, and a dash of sesame oil at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

You could bread them and bake them: Coat the breast in flour, dip it in beaten egg and then roll it in savoury breadcrumbs. I like to mix the breadcrumbs with some Parmesan, chilli, paprika and maybe some taragon.

You could smother them in cheese. I put the breasts in a small pyrex dish that just holds two breasts, sprinkle your favourite herbs and spices directly onto the chicken and then cover the lot with a mix of grated cheddar and Parmesan. Easy, tasty and pretty much guaranteed to be moist.

You could cut the breasts up into bite size chunks, fry till coloured on all sides, tip in a tin of chopped tomatoes, some tomato paste and add spices or curry paste of your choice. Serve with rice for a really quick curry. Throw some peas in the sauce towards the end for a Mattar Paneer style dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Chicken with garlic and herbs would get my vote.

Fry the chicken breast, in a little olive oil and butter. skin side down for a few minutes to brown it.
    Add a squashed garlic clove to the pan, put the lid on.
    Turn the heat down low and cook for about 30 minutes ( maybe less for just one breast).
    Remove the chicken.

Remove some of the fat from the pan. Remove the garlic clove.
    Turn up the heat add some white wine and some herbs ( thyme, tarragon, what ever you prefer).
    Stir and cook for a few minutes to create a lovely sauce. Season to taste with salt, pepper and squeeze of lemon juice if you like. and Pour the sauce over the chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Chicken wings in Franks sauce - the hotter the better!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66473469

or the Boards alternative.............

Chicken wings in Coca Cola
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057035668

Both very naughty but lovely! :D

Healthy alternative with chicken breast?

Chicken Ceasar Salad.

Serves 4

2 x chicken breasts cut into bite sized cubes
    Olive Oil
    Clove of garlic
    Salt & Pepper

Fry seasoned chicken in oil with a garlic glove added. Brown on all sides and leave to cool when cooked through.

Giant croutons.
    1 x Ciabata Loaf
    3 cloves of garlic
    1 sprig of rosemary#
    Olive Oil
    Freshly ground pepper

Preheat oven to 180c

Cut ciabata into bite size cubes. Place as a single layer in an oven proof dish. Smash each clove of garlic with the base of your hand and place peices throughout cubes of bread. Pull rosemary off sprig and place evenly throughout. Sprinkle liberally with olive oil and season with pepper (there's enough salt in the bread). With your hands squash the bread cubes so they absorb the olive oil and get covered in rosemary and garlic.

Place in oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes turn the cubes over with a spoon and put back in the oven. Turn the heat off and leave to cool in the oven. This will turn them really cruchy.

2 x gem lettuces.

Wash and dry then cut into smaller pieces.

Parmesan Cheese. Grate loads of it!

1 bottle of Ceasar salad dressing. (I've tried making it but it's a very expensive sauce to make with disappointing results!!!)

Add the cooled chicken and croutons into a large salad bowl. Add the lettuce and grated Parmesan. Add ceasar sauce to taste and mix everything thoroughly.

Enjoy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Indian style Chicken curry
    Thai green curry
    I do a carbonara where I put Chicken into it
    Chicken cordon Bleu
    Chicken Parmesan as above, very easy but impressive

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I like chicken thighs coated in a mixture of lemon juice, honey, garlic, wholegrain mustard and a little oil. I roast them with sausages tucked in among them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Got to be (my biweekly dose of) roast chicken, thighs or whole, marinated in grated ginger and garlic, sweet soy, light soy, oyster sauce, hot chilli sauce, bit of lime juice and white pepper.
    Perfect with any side dish, but my favourite has got to be plain fragrant rice, some sort of chilli condiment and slices of cucumber.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64368678

Loved by all the family and really easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

I recently fell in love with this recipe for Hot and Sour Thai Chicken Broth from Delia Smith. It's really tasty and very moreish, especially if the sugarsnap peas are just al dente and a bit crispy. Might take a little pre-planning to get all the ingredients together, but I think it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Very simple, slice open your chicken breast, season it, insert a chunk of gruyere cheese, wrap well in smoked streaky bacon and cook in deep dish for 30 mins @ 180c, hey presto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Summer in Winter chicken from the beeb. Posted this recently and a few here seemed to like it.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1521/summerinwinter-chicken

Advertisement