Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Editors...Olympia 20/11/13

Options
  • 21-11-2013 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭

Great show..very polished even though the sound wasnt great IMO.....Twins were quite good too...

No where near as good as the more intimate gig in Whelans ..........

BTW..why cant people just stay in their fcuking seats....are we all alcoholics ...:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

I was right up at the front in the pit area, thought the sound was fairly good. Great crowd there wasnt too many phones out and little talking, a real gig to witness.

Editors were excellent IMO, started the setlist well with Sugar. Constant classic after another, they put a lot of effort into the new tracks, A ton of love, Two hearted spider, Nothing, Formaldehyde and my favourite of the night Honesty. Worth every bit of the 35 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Thought the sound overpowered the vocals in some songs, particularly 'Sugar' and 'Eat Raw Meat...', some parts of the songs drowned out Tom's vocals. I have to say it's very weird not seeing Chris there, Ya I know move on and all that but it's strange seeing other people playing 'his' parts.

Delighted they played the 'proper' version of 'Nothing' live, was a bit sad when he played the start on the piano but then when it kicked in it was great. For the life of me I've no idea why they put the slower version on the album. 'Sugar' sounds fantastic and I'm glad they played good few of 'The Back Room' stuff. I didn't particularly like 'Formaldehyde', don't know why, it just didn't capture me like a lot of the other songs did.

Great gig though. Hope it's not as bloody long as last time till they come back again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Corholio wrote: »
    Great gig though. Hope it's not as bloody long as last time till they come back again.

Wasn't it only the same time last year they last played ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Wasn't it only the same time last year they last played ?

Don't think they've played a show in Dublin since 2011. Marlay Park with Bell X1.

Advertisement