Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining and Climote

Options
  • 21-11-2013 10:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Seeing as Electric Ireland changed the offer from Ideal Home and you dont actually get the 10% and Climote system as advertised I am looking at options.

If you join on the 10% off contract can you sign up for Climote over the period of the contract or what is on offer at the moment?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi Big Nelly,

If you switch to Electric Ireland and opt for the ValueSaver price plan with 10% discount off both fuels (for Direct Debit and Online Billing), then you can certainly opt for a Climote installation also.

The two options available to you are as follows:

Option 1- Purchase Climote at a discounted price of €299 (RRP €399) which includes installation, a free demonstration, and the first year's subscription fee (RRP €36 but subject to change) with no monthly repayments. This is available to non-Electric Ireland customers also.

Option 2- Pay €348 for Climote (RRP €399) on your bill over 24 months. The monthly repayment is €14.50, which includes the subscription fee for two years, installation and a free demonstration. You would need to be a Direct Debit customer for the 14 months to avail of this offer.

Full details about these offers can be found on our website.

I apologise for any confusion that may have been caused previously regarding this offer, but if you have any further questions, please let us know.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Hi

Just wondering, the 10% offer is only for 12 months, to get the Climote over a period of time it is 24 months. What would discount be in the second year? Thanks

Hi Big Nelly,

Once your price plan expires you can contact our Sales department to see what other offers are available to you. Our price plans change regularly but we do offer discounts to existing customers. At the moment we are offering 10% off both fuels to existing customers who opt for Direct Debit and Online Billing on both fuels. Our price plans are subject to change however so I can't confirm that this offer will still be available next year.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Seeing as Electric Ireland changed the offer from Ideal Home and you dont actually get the 10% and Climote system as advertised I am looking at options.

If you join on the 10% off contract can you sign up for Climote over the period of the contract or what is on offer at the moment?
    Hi again Big Nelly,

Just to clarify: we do need to advise it was not advertised that both the free Climote and the bill discounts could be availed of at the Ideal Homes Show; these were always separate offers.

It was said in a reply here that both could be availed of, but this was an error due to a misunderstanding, and we sincerely apologise for this.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Hello

I'm currently renovating a property and hope to move in around 16th of december. I'm interested in climote and would like to have it installed either as we move in or just beforehand, so could you advise what is the current expected lead time between placing an order and the installation taking place? My difficulty is that the new heating system and electrics aren't yet finished and won't be for at least a couple of weeks, so I can't order now if it means the installer will turn up next week, and if I wait until everything is ready, it may prove to be too late to get the install done before xmas. So if I knew that it took say 5 to 8 working days, I could try and time placing the order as best I can.

As a minor aside, can you clarify if there is an SMS charge for every command sent to the climote?

If it matters, I am an electric Ireland customer and would be hoping to place the order and spread the cost of the unit across my bills.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Det Somerset,

The timeframe between ordering Climote and the installation is 5-10 working days. I'd recommend getting in touch with our Home Services department on 1850 372 333 or homeservices@electricireland.ie nearer the date of the wiring's completion.

If you are sending an SMS from your phone a standard text rate would apply which would depend on your provider. If you are using a smartphone however, there is app which you can use to send directions to your Climote system, which would incur no separate charge.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Thanks very much Aoife. I'll look to time my order as you suggest.

I thought I read elsewhere that the climote system only works through a SIM card? How does the app communicate with the sim card for free? This is an unexpected bonus as I would see us using the smart phone app exclusively.

Actually separate question now that I think of it, but I presume that both my wife and I could utilise the app on both our phones, yes? I mean climote isn't tied to a single app installation for security reasons or something like that is it?

Hi Det Somerset,

There is no limitations regarding the installation of the app, so you and you wife would both be able to control your Climote system from your mobile devices.

There is a SIM card in the Climote, and if you were to text a command there would be a charge as it works from a mobile signal, but by using the app (which would need to be connected to the internet) there is no charge for the request. The charge in this case would be associated with your internet usage.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Thanks again, Aoife. That answers my queries for now.

Advertisement