Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problems with builder

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

650gs wrote: »
    as the saying goes if you did nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about

this does not apply to construction contracts which are not based on doing right or wrong they are based on principals (and obligations), scope and risk.

You can do everything right in a contract (Ask most subcontractors) and still end up losing (correctly) in a contract dispute.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

A solicitor who works for free? Care to share? Unless you're on free legal aid?
    Solicitors are parasites and ambulance chasers. They're the last person you want to see before the undertaker!
    650gs wrote: »
    Parasites and ambulance chasers:eek::eek::eek::eek: professionals just like any other trade and as we can see from this post there are good and bad in every trade lets not forget Mr Thomas McFeely a prime example, a lot of cowboys out there in an unregulated business, the sooner that changes the better.
    My solicitor is a life long friend who runs a professional business and would recommend him to anyone and as the saying goes if you did nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about

ok this line of the discussion is gone far enough back to the OP thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fealeranger

If i were in this situation I would be trying to sit the builder and architect down together with a set of drawings and see where and why the changes were made and why it was done without prior notification. If you had specified window sizes on the drawing then why were they disregarded? You need to take control of this already bad situation and lay down that you have the money and nobody gets anything until the situation is completly rectified. You don't have a supervisior yet from what I have read your builder and architect are making the decisions. In my view you really have nobody to blame for this getting out of hand only yourself. You say you have dealt with builds abroad? How could you possibly have let this happen if you say you had exposure to the building trades in several instances in England. Something does not seem right with all this!!!:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Solicitors are parasites and ambulance chasers. They're the last person you want to see before the undertaker!

That would make a great Thread, over in the Legal Forum:D

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

martinn123 wrote: »
    That would make a great Thread, over in the Legal Forum:D

Will I for the craic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Will I for the craic?

Ask BryanF to move it for you, after all it's off topic here.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gearoil

It seems my question has caused a bit of a stir!
    The builder is finishing off the project and sorting out the window issue. Am concerned though that the roof line changes without any discussion with me will not be resolved and have just realised this morning that the electrician has put the hall ceiling light in the wrong place, which should have been to the centre but it is nearer to the landing than the hall. Think it was because it can't be reached to change a bulb!! As things begin to finish I'm coming across issues where convenience was used rather than logic, which will affect how I use the space.!
    Have decided that I need to get an independent person like an architect or engineer to look at it however will need to wait till they have all gone. Sadly I hate this house now and don't want to move in at all.

Gearoil wrote: »
    It seems my question has caused a bit of a stir!
    The builder is finishing off the project and sorting out the window issue. Am concerned though that the roof line changes without any discussion with me will not be resolved and have just realised this morning that the electrician has put the hall ceiling light in the wrong place, which should have been to the centre but it is nearer to the landing than the hall. Think it was because it can't be reached to change a bulb!! As things begin to finish I'm coming across issues where convenience was used rather than logic, which will affect how I use the space.!
    Have decided that I need to get an independent person like an architect or engineer to look at it however will need to wait till they have all gone. Sadly I hate this house now and don't want to move in at all.

Not a stir in my view just how not to do building your home. If you do not surround yourself with proper advice it generally ends badly as there is nobody looking after you both financially and technically

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jfmeto

To have little to worry about so

jfmeto wrote: »
    To have little to worry about so

?

• Advertisement
Advertisement