Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you "go back" after getting shot?

• 21-11-2013 10:48am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Question to you all, if you’re running round a corner/into a doorway etc and get shot do you go back (whilst injured) and try and get the kill? I ask because it’s something I’ve noticed the majority of players seem to do. You get a hit marker on them just as they’re running round a corner and then they’ll come back round to try shoot at you. 9 times out of 10 they end up dead because A: They’re already injured and B: I’m already aiming at the corner they went round. It happens even if I’m firing at them from a long distance and all they’ve got is an SMG too. Ridiculous play.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I used to do this all the time but now just run past as if nothing ever happened and try find another target who isn't doorway watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

This is like the "Do you go after campers" thing.

You know it's a bad idea, you shouldn't do it but go ahead anyway.

Always remember a tdm on MW2 from years ago. Guy camping on top of ramp mowing people down. Died constantly trying to get to him, at one stage running by his team mates just to get to him. Gave him Harriers and yet still more than happy once I got him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Big fan of 'drop the shoulder' around obstacles. I.e.: You see a chap in the distance, you know he sees you. Obstacle in the middle.Feign to your right so he goes to his left to meet you head on, then you duck back to your left and either catch him from behind or just as he realises what happens. Even if you take a hit, will work almost all the time.

Sorta like running away from taking a hit rather than pursuing the kill, only you're conveniently getting the kill on your terms as you're running away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Noobtube him:pac:

I normally just ignore the muppet and if im in the next game on the same team I just trap him in whatever corner he's camping in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I personally believe you shouldn't enter into a gun fight when weak with a guy you know has the advantage. Don't challenge it, run away and go elsewhere, better safe than sorry imo. That's me anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

no you only flinch when you get shot you dont move very much

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 DTA338

returnNull wrote: »
    Noobtube the ***** :pac:

I normally just ignore the muppet and if im in the next game on the same team I just trap him in whatever corner he's camping in

This acceptable around here?

DTA338 wrote: »
    This acceptable around here?

sorry did I offend you?

Less of the homophobic remarks please.

Noobtube the ***** ***** *****
    ***** muppet

Fixed my post.....

• Advertisement

Fixed my post.....

Fixed your post

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I was chatting about people camping, just general running around gun fights. People just seem mad to get kills at any cost, similar to lads who rush into the enemy spawn area with a shotgun/SMG. Happens all the time on Hijacked (BLOPS2), and sure, they get a kill or two but nearly always get mowed down straight after.

Advertisement