Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the best way to apply and find work in Australia?

Options
  • 21-11-2013 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I know this may have been asked dozens of times before, but I'm really just clueless about the process.

I currently do have an IT job in Ireland which is good experience. However because it's a small company, the pay isn't great and as such I can't afford to leave the family home.

So I am considering moving abroad.

The company I'm with is growing, so I am needed. So I would likely have my contract renewed in February for another year.

I was thinking I could stick to the job for another year, save up money and during that time apply for work abroad. As I'm always told that it's easier to find a job when you do currently have one.

I work as website admin and I'm an amateur website developer with my own responsive-design site.

I have a degree in computer science and a certificate in web development.

What skills and experience, would best be needed for applying for a similar job in Australia? And what would be the best process in going about doing so?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Start with www.seek.com.au to look for whats out there.

If there is lots out there, it doesn't mean it's easy to get a job here. Some companies are reluctant to hire people on a WHV with the 6 month employment restriction. It's a case of selling yourself to everyone and anyone, even outside of your chosen field of work. Getting anything takes the initial pressure off

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lauren Power

I am Hoping to travel to Australia when i finish college. I have been there for the summer of 2013 and i found myself falling in love with the place. I would be great full for some feed back regarding on where are the best places to apply for jobs with someone who has a marketing degree.

Advertisement