Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair infraction.

Options
  • 21-11-2013 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

I received an infraction for the following:

Originally Posted by Captain Farrell View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by citytillidie View Post
    Just to put a link in for this incase they think your making it up

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24987465
    I would hold those soldiers in the same regard that irish republicans hold Gerry Adams.

I pointed out when questioned in another thread that it meant that i held them in the same low esteem that i would expect republicans to hold Adams in.

However I am accused of trolling. Apparently saying anything to defend the British in AH is now trolling, while it is ok for republican posters to defend the bombings by the IRA and also to refer to me as "sub-human".

I have appealed to Humanji, but typically my appeal was dismissed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hello Captain Farrell.

A Cmod will be look at this and get back to you.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Captain Farrell

Any chance of an update?

Hi,

I had a quick look over it on Friday but realised it would take a little bit more time than I have had.

I'll get back to you within 48hours.

Thanks.

No news?

Hi Captain Farrell,

Thanks for your patience. RL issues stand between me and this.

You will hear from me by this evening.

• Advertisement

Thanks Micky.

Hi Captain Farrell

Thanks for bearing with me. If you have a few hours spare I can regal you with tales of why I haven't gotten to this yet :)

On Friday I looked over the initial complaint. It was pretty ambiguous. Infracted for trolling. On the face of it, it wasn't overly trolly. Often Mods will issue a card as a general nudge to remind a poster to stay on the right side of the line. My look on Friday told me I needed to look some more.

Last night I came back to it. Had a good look over the general tone of your posts. Checked in with the Mod who issued the card.

Before I continue I would like you to know, I don't care about your opinion on any subject. All I care is how you deliver that opinion or if it's legal or not.

With that in mind,I have to say I am surprised you haven't been infracted/banned before now.

Your posting style, while it may be genuine, is inflammatory, to say the least.

NI threads seem to bring it out in you. Again, opinions are here to be discussed, how they are discussed is key. Inflammatory posts just cause grief. Then we end up carding and banning a load of posters.
    Contrary to popular belief, we don't want to do that. It pisses posters off, pissed off posters complain, and so it goes. It's not good for anyone.

This is the position I am coming from.

We can probably meet half way here if you are willing to adjust your posting style.

Thanks Micky. I'm happy to adjust my posting style accordingly, particularly on NI threads as this seems to be the only area where there is a problem.. I let myself get antagonised too easily and rise to the bait. I will tone it down considerably in future.

Good stuff. On the back of that,the mod is happy to reverse the card as a show of good faith.

It should be reversed in the next 48 hours.

Thanks.

A pleasure doing business with you. Thanks Micky.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement