Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning to Eircom after 5 years and not good results so far:

Options
  • 21-11-2013 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

So I am returning to eircom as a fixed line customer, going to phone and broadband at the moment, no efibre yet.

so far im getting worried:

I had to place my order 3 times as order kept being cancelled by system automatically.

Finally placed order 14/11
    got text on the 15/11 to say my phone lone was now active
    checked line, no dial tone.
    called CS on 16/11 said they would send technician to fix line.
    19/11 received welcome to eircom email with ac and phone number, also said my line was active within 4-8 hours.
    checked line again still dead.
    21/11 trying to get through to customer service and automated system keeps hanging up on me after 2-3 minutes on hold.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

I'm waiting 3 months for for the fools to put in a line for us, so prepare for the long waiting game man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Furp wrote: »
    So I am returning to eircom as a fixed line customer, going to phone and broadband at the moment, no efibre yet.

so far im getting worried:

I had to place my order 3 times as order kept being cancelled by system automatically.

Finally placed order 14/11
    got text on the 15/11 to say my phone lone was now active
    checked line, no dial tone.
    called CS on 16/11 said they would send technician to fix line.
    19/11 received welcome to eircom email with ac and phone number, also said my line was active within 4-8 hours.
    checked line again still dead.
    21/11 trying to get through to customer service and automated system keeps hanging up on me after 2-3 minutes on hold.
    Hi Furp

There was an issue with the free phone 1901 system earlier however the issues have been resolved in the past 20 minutes. If you would like to PM me your account details I'll look into this issue for you however feel free to contact accounts on free phone 1901 if you prefer.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

I was thinking of going back to eircom too .With Sky and my contract is almost up.I am one of those lucky ones living in an e-fibre area  according to the online checker .Got through to rep and he said hold on there I will put you onto the e-fibre department .Waited 10 mins on hold .Rep came on and hello whats your problem.Told him I done the online checker for e-fibre but I had my doubts as I am in a rural area.The reply was whats your landline? Gave him that and then he said you have to go to your line supplier no good ringing us-he then hung up.So I am going to stay away,they can't even deal with a perspective customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Thanks @eircom:Alan

I eventually got through got put onto faults first then back to another department, have an appointment now for next Tuesday 26th. when a tech will try to connect my line at the exchange and see why it could not be reinstated electronically. 

Of course i was then told only after this can my BB order start being processed.

Furp wrote: »
    Thanks @eircom:Alan

I eventually got through got put onto faults first then back to another department, have an appointment now for next Tuesday 26th. when a tech will try to connect my line at the exchange and see why it could not be reinstated electronically. 

Of course i was then told only after this can my BB order start being processed.
    Hi Furp

Glad to hear you got through. Unfortunately the line must be active and working before broadband can be ordered on it.

Apologies for the inconvenience

Al

• Advertisement

I have sent a private message to Tracey, please respond to this.

Thank you,
    Johnny

I have sent a private message to Tracey, please respond to this.

Thank you,
    Johnny

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi johnnybucks

Tracy is currently in extended leave, feel free to PM me your query.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

Hi Alan, 

I sent you a PM

Cheers,
    Johnny

Hi Alan, 

I sent you a PM

Cheers,
    Johnny
    Hi johnnybucks

I have yet to receive anything for you yet - are you sure you are sending a private message?

Al

Hi Alan, 

I sent you a PM

Cheers,
    Johnny
    Hi johnnybucks

I have yet to receive anything for you yet - are you sure you are sending a private message?

Al
    You get something there mate?

• Advertisement

Hi Alan, 

I sent you a PM

Cheers,
    Johnny
    Hi johnnybucks

Al
    You get something there mate?
    Yes Johnny

I'll get back to you now

Al

Hey Alan,

Still waiting for a reply

Thanks

Advertisement