Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Kennym_27

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

MadYaker wrote: »
    Doesn't make sense that the retailers don't really know how many they are going to get and when they're going to get them, so much confusion!

This is why people should not have waited till a few days before release to think about getting one, they should of pre ordered months ago, gonna be chaos tonight and tomorrow. I can see some stores like HM and Smyths overselling, so I would try and be there as early as possible just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

As i stated previously in my posts..

Do not depend on Tesco having supplies of PS4 in the republic, due to supplier issues.

Mainland UK is getting priority and they hope to have supplies in the republic within 2 weeks.

You just have to contact main Tesco customer services to find this out.
    Dear ****

Thank you for your email.

As **** advised, we are having supplier delays and it is unlikely that there will be any PlayStation 4 consoles available in Ireland on 29th November.

I'm sincerely sorry for the disappointment caused and please be assured that we are working hard with our suppliers to rectify this situation.

Thank you for contacting us and if there is anything further, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Kind regards

Tesco Ireland Customer Service

If some due happen to end up in some extra stores then they would likely be very small numbers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

tesco galway said they would be getting no stock in at all, is this true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Kennym_27 wrote: »

I was going to post this as I saw it on HDUK an hour ago (just after I ordered one myself as a backup) but comments then said they were out of stock. It does still seem available and I just got notification now that I've been charged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kucyk

Looks like Tesco in Craigavon is the way to go, but am I mad enough to drive 150km one way, burn a petrol, queue and at the end pay for the console 20 euro more ...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mau_52

Just pre-order one in Harvey Norman in Blanch. but the guy said cannot guarantee I will get it before February :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

mau_52 wrote: »
    Just pre-order one in Harvey Norman in Blanch. but the guy said cannot guarantee I will get it before February :-(

then use amazon to pre order - knack bundle it says you will get it before xmass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭leex

kucyk wrote: »
    Looks like Tesco in Craigavon is the way to go, but am I mad enough to drive 150km one way, burn a petrol, queue and at the end pay for the console 20 euro more ...

Is Asda Enniskillen worth trying do ye think? I'm 1.5 hours drive from it this evening but don't fancy waiting 3-4 hours till midnight and then have a 3hr drive home if it is likely to provide fruitless.

jc84 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when they will likely have stock after launch day? Would you be able to grab one before xmas
    leex wrote: »
    Is Asda Enniskillen worth trying do ye think? I'm 1.5 hours drive from it this evening but don't fancy waiting 3-4 hours till midnight and then have a 3hr drive home if it is likely to provide fruitless.

Between petrol, waiting etc... it seems like far too big of a risk tbh.

• Advertisement

leex wrote: »

You would be taking a chance, people have been able to pre order with them, whatever stock is left after that will be gone fairly fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mau_52

gep91 wrote: »
    then use amazon to pre order - knack bundle it says you will get it before xmass

seen that earliear, will do it tomorrow if I can't get my hand on one here!
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

It's not looking good tomorrow for those of us with no pre order's. Ah well, if I get one I get one, if not in NYC friday 2 weeks try get one over there.

The PS4 hunt continues :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Tesco ,Ardkeen,Waterford stock update.

4 basic console,
    7 KZ bundle (not mega),
    4 Knack bundle.
    Shop opens at 6am but no console sales till 8pm.

No other Tesco stores in Waterford are getting them in for launch.

There are lots of calls ,one woman is driving down from Dublin overnight to queue outside.

Tesco ,Ardkeen,Waterford stock update.

4 basic console,
    7 KZ bundle (not mega),
    4 Knack bundle.
    Shop opens at 6am but no console sales till 8pm.

No other Tesco stores in Waterford are getting them in for launch.

There are lots of calls ,one woman is driving down from Dublin overnight to queue outside.

How many of them will staff get though?

Xenji wrote: »
    How many of them will staff get though?

Thats the number for sale to the joes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭iMark

Some woman is driving all the way down from Dublin? Jaysus, surely there has to be some stock floating around Dublin somewhere if a Tesco in Waterford has 15 consoles to sell to the public?

iMark wrote: »
    Some woman is driving all the way down from Dublin? Jaysus, surely there has to be some stock floating around Dublin somewhere if a Tesco in Waterford has 15 consoles to sell to the public?

Thats what the girl on the kiosk told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

Being a smug **** must be in the job description to work in Argos. Was just in my local seeing what the craic was and he was like "they're all preorder" and I said "but you werent taking preorders" and with the biggest grin he goes "oh well, staff have priority". ****.

Being a smug **** must be in the job description to work in Argos. Was just in my local seeing what the craic was and he was like "they're all preorder" and I said "but you werent taking preorders" and with the biggest grin he goes "oh well, staff have priority". ****.

Contact head office ...ya never know.

• Advertisement

Sound like a right knob had a few in the local argos here as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

Contact head office ...ya never know.

Anyone know the email address?

You know what, I am tempted to order that bundle on Amazon which delivers before Christmas. I don't need a PS4 urgently and as the evening goes on there seems to be nowhere with any decent stock in Dublin at all. If there was somewhere with good stock I would go and queue up but it just does not seem to be the case at the moment. Might leave it a few hours and see if somewhere magically crops up with stock but it looks doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Surely the logical thing to do if you do find somewhere that has stock is to keep that info to yourself so you have a greater chance of getting one, instead of telling everyone in this thread :confused:

When you go to buy the knack bundle on Amazon it says it will arrive before Christmas, however just before you confirm purchase it warns that it will arrive after Christmas in Ireland. Oh well, nevermind.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,533 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Which argos was that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭mbradso2003

What shop was this in? Only answer if allowed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

What shop was this in? Only answer if allowed!

Was prob your man being "2Mad"

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

iMark wrote: »
    When you go to buy the knack bundle on Amazon it says it will arrive before Christmas, however just before you confirm purchase it warns that it will arrive after Christmas in Ireland. Oh well, nevermind.

I've ordered this bundle same thing came up for me, Amazon have assured me I'll get It before Xmas but who knows. I'll keep it ordered until next week anyway, see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,781 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Leonardo-Dicaprio.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement