Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Righto folks I have one reservation code for Letterkenny Argos KZ bundle, the first to request it on this thread can have it.

Me plaese

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Me plaese

Dangit too late, if access can't make it give it to me... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 rayken

if anyone gets a limerick reservation i sure would appreciate guys my finger falling off F5ing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Anyone know if there is anything anywhere in Dundalk by any chance?

I can buy cocaine easier than this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Me plaese

AccessAw you're quickest, pm me your email address and I will forward on the reservation email.

jArgHA wrote: »
    AccessAw you're quickest, pm me your email address and I will forward on the reservation email.

Email sent

Thank you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 13 PaulOSullicar

There were a few in Killarney and Tralee this morning? Damn. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Affluenza

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Sony had 6yrs to organise this new console, I don't buy that hype story. It's a marketing tactic all console launches are the same. I recall queuing for 4hours day before Christmas Eve 5yrs ago for a Nintendo wii. Everyone got one that Christmas at the last minute :)

Same story with my xbox 360 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Thats obviously not true though. They haven't spent 6 years manufacturing consoles. There's limited manufacturing capacity and a lot of countries to go round. No wonder Ireland got shafted,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Sony had 6yrs to organise this new console, I don't buy that hype story. It's a marketing tactic all console launches are the same. I recall queuing for 4hours day before Christmas Eve 5yrs ago for a Nintendo wii. Everyone got one that Christmas at the last minute :)

About 5.5 years was designing the console also the faster they make them the more they lose through increased factory costs and faulty consoles. I really don't get why people believe it's all hype building strategy and if it is why do the Japanese have to wait till February or March before launched.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

5 in argos in cavan, i just reserved one

PS4 500GB Console with Killzone Shadow Fall Game. 144/7947ne

PS4 500GB Console with Killzone Shadow Fall Game. 144/7947

they are gone, that was fast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Just an observation: Latest figures show they sold 2.1 million consoles worldwide. IF they were manufacturing them for the past year that equates to 5,753 consoles per day (24 hrs) That's an awful lot for a high end electronic device, even with a few factories churning them out. I think Sony are doing their absolute best.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Got one in cavan I think Have a reservation number but didn't get it on text, I assume it's guaranteed I have one?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 toonroyal

God I tried at 14.08 and they were gone! Its good of ye all to update. I was told to check with your gamestops on xmas eve, for people who pre-order and forget to collect

Do i really need to drive from Waterford to Cavan for a PS4? Would love a Swap

How did you get to reserve it so quickly irishder?

just went to the website and reserved, pure luck i guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Irishder wrote: »
    just went to the website and reserved, pure luck i guess

I saw your post about 4 minutes after you posted it and I sill got one. Thank you

Have to drive to cavan from Dublin but ain't too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Affluenza

petes wrote: »

Second this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

petes wrote: »

Thats because cocaine is easier to get than a loaf of bread..The PS4s are hard to get

I found this on adverts
    "Hello, for anyone who is looking to buy a new PS4, please read the following. I pre-ordered mine from GameStop last Friday, Decemeber 6th and received a phone call today, December 14th, informing me that my console was available for pick up. I had initially been told that I would have to wait until late January/early February but according to the Sales Assistant, GameStop stores have received a large shipment to cope with the huge demand for PS4's.

I am in no way guaranteeing that if you pre-order now, you will receive it before Christmas but for the sake of a €20 pre-order deposit and when you consider that I only had to wait a week for mine, there's a good chance that you will.

I have no affiliation with GameStop whatsoever, I just don't like to see people getting ripped off when they have enough to worry about at this time of year.

If you can afford to pay what some people are asking for here, just to guarantee that you have it for Christmas Day, that's fine but those of you who are financially finding it difficult, don't put yourself under any more pressure. A little bit of patience goes a long way. If you don't have it for Christmas, chances are, you will have it before the new year (when all the hype dies down).

Okay so that's my good deed done for the year :) Have a wonderful Christmas everybody!"
    So it seems that there may be some available but its all heresay.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

marvsins wrote: »
    Wexford 5+ GO GO GO !!!!

Feckin' Wexford,they rarely seem to have stock of anything popular & all of a sudden get 5 PS4's in stock.

Meanwhile the Xtravision game of will we,won't we have PS4's continues.

zerks wrote: »
    Feckin' Wexford,they rarely seem to have stock of anything popular & all of a sudden get 5 PS4's in stock.

Meanwhile the Xtravision game of will we,won't we have PS4's continues.

did anyone get one for Wexford, i have a cavan one to swop

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

So did anyone get a call from xtra vision or hmv today? We didn't get a lot in but managed to cover some preorders

Vinz, do you work for xtravision? and is there any first come first serve consoles available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

So did anyone get a call from xtra vision or hmv today? We didn't get a lot in but managed to cover some preorders

No call,I dropped in & was told that they knew nothing of any new stock.The words were "feck whoever in head office is telling people we are getting consoles".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement