Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dunne106

If anyone gets a reservation code anywhere for Argos send me a private message

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Barlett

I was kindly provided with a code for Argos in Cavan today but something has come up so I won't be able to get up there today. So if anyone wants it let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 7 paulmaloney

Barlett wrote: »
    I was kindly provided with a code for Argos in Cavan today but something has come up so I won't be able to get up there today. So if anyone wants it let me know

I'll take it if you still have it barlett

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭djayforza

Ive just been into xtravision in newbridge. No hope of getting one in there before xmas. Apparently due to increased demand in North America they redirected european stock and thats caused the shortage. Argos may get a delivery sometime thos week. Probably the best bet for people

Sorry guys that code is gone now, gave it to the first person who was in touch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

djayforza wrote: »
    Ive just been into xtravision in newbridge. No hope of getting one in there before xmas. Apparently due to increased demand in North America they redirected european stock and thats caused the shortage. Argos may get a delivery sometime thos week. Probably the best bet for people

I honestly believe XV are just making stuff up as they go along,one source says one thing,another says something completely different and on & on.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭damoPL

That seems very unlikely considering that Europe is a much bigger market for SONY and that the PS4 was released there 2 weeks early. In fact, I read somewhere that Ireland had the most pre-orders in Europe, surely if that story was true then SONY should have focused on getting it here first.

Found link: http://www.thegamingliberty.com/2013/11/gamestop-ireland-has-most-pre-orders-for-playstation-4-worldwide-on-a-per-store-basis/

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Osiris Eire

damoPL wrote: »
    That seems very unlikely considering that Europe is a much bigger market for SONY and that the PS4 was released there 2 weeks early. In fact, I read somewhere that Ireland had the most pre-orders in Europe, surely if that story was true then SONY should have focused on getting it here first.

Found link: http://www.thegamingliberty.com/2013/11/gamestop-ireland-has-most-pre-orders-for-playstation-4-worldwide-on-a-per-store-basis/

Ireland had the highest percentage of pre orders pet capita yes. Still a small market for SONY in the grand scheme of things though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Mental_Legend

Was anyone else up and able to order one of those bundles off Argos UK last night? The money was taken from my account, but I didn't get a confirmation email or anything. Should I wait until tomorrow to do anything given that it's Sunday?

3 Argos codes for killzone shadowfall bundle, PM if Interested. Its in galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

Can I have one, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dunne106

ill take one, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Merl1n

me please

• Registered Users Posts: 31 rayken

if any still available i'd really appreciate one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Merl1n wrote: »
    me please

How do I keep missing this?

In behind anyone who could fail to take one...

It's odd that no Argos stores in Dublin seem to be getting any

all codes given away > ALL 3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Barlett wrote: »
    It's odd that no Argos stores in Dublin seem to be getting any

Crazy alright, I would drive to Galway from Dublin for one in fairness.....

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

did you reserve all 3 from argos?

phobia2011 wrote: »
    did you reserve all 3 from argos?

YES

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭andyred

How are people managing to get so many reservations? One guy yesterday had 7 reservations around the country. Some nimble keyboard skills going on. I must have at least 15 tabs on the go but always out of stock by the time I get to the checkout screens!

andyred wrote: »
    How are people managing to get so many reservations? One guy yesterday had 7 reservations around the country. Some nimble keyboard skills going on. I must have at least 15 tabs on the go but always out of stock by the time I get to the checkout screens!

I just had auto fill on. Anyhow, if I manage to get more codes anytime soon I'll be sure to send them this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

YES

Why?

Don't understand that, granted when us boardsies are benefitting its all good,

But other than that why?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

If anyone gets a code they dont want i would really appreciate one, to get the ps4 for my daughter.... cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

those Americans always getting stuff b4 us

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TechnoBadger

I was busy today so asked a friend to collect the KZ bundle I reserved in Argos yesterday and he was told the reservation was cancelled and that the console was sold to somebody else.

I didn't cancel the reservation and don't even know how to do it without going in store.

Trying to call the shop now to get an explanation from the manager but getting no answer. Is there a customer service number to call that would be better than the branches actual number?

This is unbelievably frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Sounds like a dodgy inside job.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

I have a code for cavan if anyone wants it, id love a swop for waterford but first person the PM me can have it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

I was busy today so asked a friend to collect the KZ bundle I reserved in Argos yesterday and he was told the reservation was cancelled and that the console was sold to somebody else.

I didn't cancel the reservation and don't even know how to do it without going in store.

Trying to call the shop now to get an explanation from the manager but getting no answer. Is there a customer service number to call that would be better than the branches actual number?

This is unbelievably frustrating.

Hope someone sorts you out after helping so many

• Advertisement

Will keep an eye out for you technobadger

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement