Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

Hi irishder, i pm'd you hope fully got in there first.. is it gone

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

I have a code for cavan if anyone wants it, id love a swop for waterford but first person to PM me can have it

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

I was busy today so asked a friend to collect the KZ bundle I reserved in Argos yesterday and he was told the reservation was cancelled and that the console was sold to somebody else.

I didn't cancel the reservation and don't even know how to do it without going in store.

Trying to call the shop now to get an explanation from the manager but getting no answer. Is there a customer service number to call that would be better than the branches actual number?

This is unbelievably frustrating.

What argos was it? I've to drive over an hour tomorrow. I'll go crazy if its not there

Code gone to BlackPlum123, hopefully someone will return the favour in the Waterford area :)

cheers mate , really appreciate it. will hopefully return favour.
    what bundle was that for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭damoPL

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Why?

Don't understand that, granted when us boardsies are benefitting its all good,

But other than that why?

Simply because I'd rather have someone from boards get one than a random stranger.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭inbrodericko

unbelievably i turned on my ps4 this morning and it got the RLOD, i rang argos and they could only give me a refund instead of fixing...guess ill have to start looking again

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

unbelievably i turned on my ps4 this morning and it got the RLOD, i rang argos and they could only give me a refund instead of fixing...guess ill have to start looking again

Ring sony and get a replacement

cheers mate , really appreciate it. will hopefully return favour.
    what bundle was that for

Killzone, keep looking for me :)

Do you suppose argos will update their site after closing time?

• Advertisement

Irishder wrote: »
    Killzone, keep looking for me :)

will do...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bean2472

Desperately trying to find a PS4 for my son for Christmas. Based in cork. Would hate Santa to disappoint him. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks Brian

All Argos stores showing unknown status and website giving me an error, are they updating?

Nevermind..........................

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

does that mean something?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

It is strange, they usually just come up as being all 'Out of stock'.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Well argos.ie is down so I assume checkargos.com can't connect with it to check stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 rayken

if you try to buy or reserve it says they experiencing high volumes of people visiting the site and thy are limiting the amount of new visitors

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

yes it's down...I just used the phone and no stock in the 4 stores I checked so it's likely only the online system that is down due to high traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Thanks to a generous boards member who PM'd me an Argos reservation. Hope the rest of you find one before Christmas :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 conormcfadden9

Sony will be doing well if they release any game that delivers as much tension and excitement as this search for reservation codes is generating.

Got all excited when I saw the Castlebar stock change to 'Unknown Status'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 dickmolan

I don't think I'm ever going to get a ps4 and I won't give in to the greedy people on adverts so looks like il just wait till January

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭slongwill

dickmolan wrote: »
    I don't think I'm ever going to get a ps4 and I won't give in to the greedy people on adverts so looks like il just wait till January

I'm the same! There's no way I'll pay a cent above RRP.

I'm pretty annoyed they're selling lots of Killzone bundles too. Heard the game is useless!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

slongwill wrote: »
    I'm pretty annoyed they're selling lots of Killzone bundles too. Heard the game is useless!

Got a killzone bundle for the hubby, game is crap....so traded it for BF4, way better game!

where did you trade in killzone and how much you get for it?

did you have any trouble trading it in as it says not for resale on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭F1erc3

Hey guys, trying to get my hands on a PS4 for the young lad before christmass, if anyone has a reserve for argos in Navan, Cavan, Dundalk, Drogheda or any of the Dublin ones please PM me, i live in meath but am willing to travel to any of these stores to get one, I'm on check argos all the time bit can't seem to get one :(

where did you trade in killzone and how much you get for it?

did you have any trouble trading it in as it says not for resale on it?

In gamestop, no trouble trading it in but there were a lot of them being traded in so the value will probably be crap soon enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

F1erc3 wrote: »
    Hey guys, trying to get my hands on a PS4 for the young lad before christmass, if anyone has a reserve for argos in Navan, Cavan, Dundalk, Drogheda or any of the Dublin ones please PM me, i live in meath but am willing to travel to any of these stores to get one, I'm on check argos all the time bit can't seem to get one :(

There is a PS4 on sale on Ebay for 525 seller based in cavan http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sony-Playstation-4-brand-new-in-box-with-receipts-/171195476508?

disco girl wrote: »
    In gamestop, no trouble trading it in but there were a lot of them being traded in so the value will probably be crap soon enough!

do you mind saying how much you got?

i'd like to try get 40ish for it seeing as it wont even be opened

do you mind saying how much you got?

i'd like to try get 40ish for it seeing as it wont even be opened

Only got €28...cos there are so many copies going back! :eek:

• Advertisement

thought that might be the case, thanks..

im expecting my bundle from argos uk on wednesday, does anyone know how i go about returning it if its faulty.

can i bring it back to argos ireland or can i go straight to sony?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement