Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 conormcfadden9

Is everyone else still getting errors on the Argos website?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dickmolan

No it's just saying out of stock for me on argos

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Cormo87

disco girl wrote: »
    Only got €28...cos there are so many copies going back! :eek:

Traded my Killzone into Smyths in Swords and got €45 for it, bloke said I was the first person to trade in a PS4 game in that store. Used the credit to buy the PS Plus subscription for the year. I'd say they will get a lot if trade ins on the bundle games after Christmas so probably get a higher trade in value this side of Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭madamab

I will be going to Cardiff for the weekend - Friday through Sunday so if anyone is still stuck and can reserve one in Cardiff I will gladly pick it up for them and take it back home. There are 2 of us travelling so could even get 2 for people. If this is the case by Friday pm me and I will give you my number - I will be out and about in the city centre of Cardiff all day Saturday so its no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bean2472

madamab wrote: »
    I will be going to Cardiff for the weekend - Friday through Sunday so if anyone is still stuck and can reserve one in Cardiff I will gladly pick it up for them and take it back home. There are 2 of us travelling so could even get 2 for people. If this is the case by Friday pm me and I will give you my number - I will be out and about in the city centre of Cardiff all day Saturday so its no bother.

Are they still available in Cardiff? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭madamab

I really dont know but there may be a chance if people want to check this postcode cf52ng - this is where I will be staying so it might help or be another option. Also there is people selling on gumtree cardiff for not too high a price I see - 450gbp - I dont know if this is an option or what way this would work - perhaps paypal or something but I guess you dont know me so I dont know if that would work for you guys. Just a thought anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭F1erc3

Hey guys, trying to get my hands on a PS4 for the young lad before christmass, if anyone has a reserve for argos in Navan, Cavan, Dundalk, Drogheda or any of the Dublin ones please PM me, i live in meath but am willing to travel to any of these stores to get one, I'm on check argos all the time bit can't seem to get one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I was busy today so asked a friend to collect the KZ bundle I reserved in Argos yesterday and he was told the reservation was cancelled and that the console was sold to somebody else.

I didn't cancel the reservation and don't even know how to do it without going in store.

Trying to call the shop now to get an explanation from the manager but getting no answer. Is there a customer service number to call that would be better than the branches actual number?

This is unbelievably frustrating.

Sounds like a member of staff did it.

The codes auto cancel after 48 hours, anytime before that is staff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Ps4 on donedeal now Dublin area ad is 8 hours old 420!! Get it quick
    Edit it's in Wicklow and another in Clare 450 with extra controller

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tamarin

F1erc3 wrote: »
    Hey guys, trying to get my hands on a PS4 for the young lad before christmass, if anyone has a reserve for argos in Navan, Cavan, Dundalk, Drogheda or any of the Dublin ones please PM me, i live in meath but am willing to travel to any of these stores to get one, I'm on check argos all the time bit can't seem to get one :(

Would you like one for argos, Dundalk? Has to be collected today

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Honestly lads,What is the urgency in getting a ps4? I can understand parents looking for one for kids but grown men stressing out because of it? Mind blowing.

There are a handful of games on it, the majority can be gotten on the ps3 anyway. There is no huge leap forward graphics wise with these games. So everyone just calm down, wait til after Christmas and stroll along to your local shop and get one before the real next gen titles arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Honestly lads,What is the urgency in getting a ps4? I can understand parents looking for one for kids but grown men stressing out because of it? Mind blowing.

There are a handful of games on it, the majority can be gotten on the ps3 anyway. There is no huge leap forward graphics wise with these games. So everyone just calm down, wait til after Christmas and stroll along to your local shop and get one before the real next gen titles arrive.

Ha tell that to the children middle aged men :P

People want the latest and to be fair there is a good bit of difference even with the likes of Fifa 14 which is on both consoles.

I noticed Xbox One in stock in Gamestop Carlow at the weekend, seems Sony's device is kicking Microsofts's ass

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Villain wrote: »
    People want the latest and to be fair there is a good bit of difference even with the likes of Fifa 14 which is on both consoles.

I'm not sure whether its 400 euro worth of difference though.

Launch games are traditionally underwhelming. As soon as a Gran Turismo or an Uncharted hits the shelves I'll buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 rayken

i badly need one for santa, if anyone has code for limerick/clare/cork/galway region i really would appreciate it, spending average of thirteen hours a day on checkargos, and nothing, am desperate at this stage, any codes would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 3 scruffy39

Hey guys, might be a bit cheeky asking as I haven't been on this in a while and scarcely was before, but any codes going for Drogheda or Dundalk please? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Heading up to Swords later to scope out the situation in Harvey Norman etc. Friend of mine managed to pick 3 PS4's up no bother over the weekend in there.

Will report back!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭davkel

Smyths in Dublin CC is expecting some for walk ins on wednesday morning,.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Cainer

Thanks to everyone for the heads up on the potential PS4s, keep 'em coming, I'm still on the hunt.

Would be eternally grateful to anyone for an Argos code in Dublin/Kildare if there are any floating around!

4#9'658

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

davkel wrote: »
    Smyths in Dublin CC is expecting some for walk ins on wednesday morning,.

I was in there yesterday and the person on the games counter told me there wasn't any chance of walkins before xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Merl1n

Just checked with Harvey Norman in swords they had no ps4's over the weekend all they had so far are pre orders

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭davkel

i heard this from someone i know in the store, i wouldn't say it's gospel but it's the only lead i had, i already got one on amazon and was chatting tot his person about how i was lucky to get one and they mentioned this wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gummiebear

I got a code for Argos in cork last night for a ps4 bundle. Battlefield I think. Hope to God it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

gummiebear wrote: »
    I got a code for Argos in cork last night for a ps4 bundle. Battlefield I think. Hope to God it works out.

Killzone I'd say. They don't do bf4 bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MiaMau

Argos Dunlaoghaire are getting stock in at 3 today if you call in you can get a reserve code

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Asda have 5 different bundles for sale, delivery by 20th Dec :D

http://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-ps4-playstation-4

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

I was in Smyths in Fonthill where I pre-ordered. Was told anyone who ordered in November will get sorted this Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MiaMau

Just got someone to buy one in Argos dunlaoghaire on a walk-in . Nothing showing in stock on the system but they have stock in now for walk in customers - No idea how many !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭andyred

What mobile or home number can you put in for Asda. Says invalid number whenever I try add one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement