Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭iMark

I've ordered this bundle same thing came up for me, Amazon have assured me I'll get It before Xmas but who knows. I'll keep it ordered until next week anyway, see what happens.

Yeah I was looking at this too just now, according to the amazon comments loads of people have contacted customer service and they have explained that it will arrive before christmas and the whole 'after christmas' thing is a glitch in the system because they cant set a dispatch date on it yet. They are adamant it will be delivered to EU customers before Christmas so I have gone ahead and ordered it.

Hopefully they will email with dispatch dates soon, if not I can always cancel it before next week if there is no progress on their end.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

are smyths in galway having a midnight opening? would they have excess stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Getting nervous now, about to leave work to try and win one from the Sony Playrooms comp!! :)

joe316 wrote: »
    Getting nervous now, about to leave work to try and win one from the Sony Playrooms comp!! :)

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

What shop was this in? Only answer if allowed!
    Varik wrote: »
    Which argos was that?

navan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

When I asked in Tesco last week or so,the girl at the 'tech counter told me "under no circumstances are staff allowed to put PS4's or Xbox's aside for themselves".

Looks like Argos play by different rules.

BTW,no point in anybody going near Ken Blacks (Smyths) in Wexford,they left it too late to order any consoles so they won't be getting any at all.Staff not too happy.

zerks wrote: »
    When I asked in Tesco last week or so,the girl at the 'tech counter told me "under no circumstances are staff allowed to put PS4's or Xbox's aside for themselves".

Looks like Argos play by different rules.

BTW,no point in anybody going near Ken Blacks (Smyths) in Wexford,they left it too late to order any consoles so they won't be getting any at all.Staff not too happy.

Argos have always generally been fairly useless when it comes to any form of customer care or service. Sadly if as a company you employ a large number of staff who don't give a damn then you end up with rubbish service. Some of them do care but not enough of them. Tesco doing it the way it should be done which is nice to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

navan

For enquiries about Argos or any of our stores:

Email info@argos.ie (please enter Argos Ireland general enquiry in the email subject line)
    Telephone 0044 845 640 3030
    Write to us at Argos LTD, 489-499 Avebury Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 2NW, England.

Email info@argos.ie (please enter Argos Ireland general enquiry in the email subject line)
    Write to us at Argos LTD, 489-499 Avebury Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 2NW, England.

Oh I'm tempted, very tempted by the way their staff in general are behaving. Not just regarding the PS4 launch but in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

I emailed them an hour ago, no response though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I emailed them an hour ago, no response though.

I'de ph them.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kucyk

Still tempted to go to Craigavon, anyone want to join? :>

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Lads, anybody around Clare stuck??? I know of somewhere that WILL have consoles for sale Friday morning, 100%.

Hey, can you shoot me a PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 therealdog

Hey, can you shoot me a PM?

And me as well please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 hands211

Lads, anybody around Clare stuck??? I know of somewhere that WILL have consoles for sale Friday morning, 100%.

Please tell me this is true.. where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

There's going to be plenty of places with stock, the problem is that each place only has a very small amount and will most likely be sold immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭brendanL

Called Tesco's in Maynooth, told me no pre-orders / not releasing stock details and they'll be selling them at 12.01...

Based on other boards threads where people say their local is getting between 4 or 20.. I really couldn't give a monkeys to go queue.

Honestly with no guarantee's I'm not bothered with enduring the 20min drive there..and 20min possible failure drive back..

From reading around, power city font hill will have just under 100, first come first served according to their god awful site. (my eyes)

A guarantee after a quick call would have been nice. Shame on Sony for engineering this to happen like it has.
    I don't blame the retailers at all... they have no idea what's going on.

I'll be around blanch tomorrow, will call around the usuals in the morning and see if I can get a stray.. looks like my best shot at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Cork update!

Smyths, not releasing any for non pre orders, and the waiting list is closed.

Tesco being very cagey, best off choosing one and queueing.

HN any left over non pre order are 1st come 1st served tomorrow at 09:30.

I also just got a very interesting email from Argos!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Cork update!

Do tell :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

Cork update!

Thanks for that. Do tell...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Kennym_27

What sorta time are people queuing for midnight launch then? (non pre-order) Or what would be a good time to get to the shop at do ye's reckon..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Kennym_27 wrote: »
    What sorta time are people queuing for midnight launch then? (non pre-order) Or what would be a good time to get to the shop at do ye's reckon..

Form what I know all midnight opening are invite only for pre-orders that are fully paid for. No walk in customers at midnight as it will be a ticket system not cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Aren't midnight openings over there only for people with preorders? I think someone mentioned it a while back. Might just have been for one chain though, but it'd be an awful waste of time to go queue and be sent away empty handed

Form what I know all midnight opening are invite only for pre-orders that are fully paid for. No walk in customers at midnight as it will be a ticket system not cash.

Nah selected tesco extra and asda stores are holding midnight launches for non pre-order customers... Limited stock available though.. im guessing 8-10 consoles per store or so

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I know Tesco is the UK are selling the consoles form midnight but I read that Tesco here are selling them from 8am as they won't have them on the shelves at midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I rang tesco customer care and they said they had no info from shops yet and to ring back are they launching at 12 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

Would you have to que up all night to get one at Tesco or could you go down at 5 or 6 and be ok?

Seen the facebook update from Power City, they say they have a 'limited supply' from 9am tomorrow. Be nice if they told us how limited the supply is, I'm not queueing up for the sake of a few consoles if I may not get one. It could be 10 like most other places.

I know Tesco is the UK are selling the consoles form midnight but I read that Tesco here are selling them from 8am as they won't have them on the shelves at midnight.

Yeah I live near the border... ;) No idea what time to head down tbh thinking if im there for half 10 or so i might be ok?

• Advertisement

Oh hang on, just seen the availability on the advert. They claim to have over 100 in total.

1460177_553342841407898_840121597_n.jpg

Does anyone know how valid this could be? If so I am going to head out and queue for one, its a lot of stock compared to everyone else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement