Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

lertsnim wrote: »
    It's an honour to receive such praise from someone who posted the drivel you did.

Consoles aren't children's toys

When did I say they were children's toys? At a guess, I've been playing games since before you even started school so climb down off the high horse.

I simply asked what is with the urgency to have one NOW. I've never understood it, I never get consoles at launch, going back to the super Nintendo all the way through to the current generation, it has been completely pointless to buy a console at launch.

Can you name a console that had a game at launch that is still remembered as a "classic"?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Can you name a console that had a game at launch that is still remembered as a "classic"?

Gameboy - Super Mario Land and Tetris.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Wipeout PS1
    Mario 64 - N64
    Halo - Xbox
    Super Mario World - SNES

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭djayforza

the original xbox - halo...... great minds think alike ;-) ^^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Luigi's Mansion - GameCube

• Advertisement

Thanks for proving my point lads.

The urgency to get a ps4 is ridiculous. Are any of the day one releases going to sit alongside Halo or either of the Mario games? I think not, Resogun is the only slight possibility.

Next March/April will be time to pick up a ps4 and start to fully appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 biff_tannen

STAY ON TARGET....

http://i.imgur.com/Q55EE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

ClioKen wrote: »
    What is the difference between buying from Amazon itself and the sellers you see? There are a good few selling ps4's? I'm new to this online buying..thanks!

theres 3 options.

1- from Amazon-- safe as possible, great rep for customer service etc.

2- other sellers + fulfilled by Amazon -- as above, dispatch faults returns all done by Amazon

3- Other sellers-- you're not buying though Amazon so dispatch, invoicing returns are all done by the other seller. They might not send stuff to ireland. Amazon vet all these sellers and i've never had any problems with them. Check out their feedback rating

edit : Theres no way someone bought an xbone of Amazon and got sent a picture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Have an Argos code for Wexford if anyone needs one?

Edit: Gone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Ps4 war thunder great fun and free with playstation plus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 phily0702

Pacifico wrote: »
    Have an Argos code for Wexford if anyone needs one?

Could I have that please I will travel straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Thanks for proving my point lads.

The urgency to get a ps4 is ridiculous. Are any of the day one releases going to sit alongside Halo or either of the Mario games? I think not, Resogun is the only slight possibility.

Next March/April will be time to pick up a ps4 and start to fully appreciate it.

You are correct.

You can understand the need to get one asap if you were buying for someones christmas present. You are treating them. Totally get that.
    I've been guilty of going nuts to find a new console before christmas in the past. After a few days of having the console I always realised that the mad rush was silly.

The launch line-up of these next gen consoles isnt too bad tho. If someone wants to play better versions of Battlefield 4, COD Ghosts or Dead Rising 3 etc over the Christmas period (as they are built up franchise games) then you can understand their need to get a console.

Personally I want to play all those games too. But they can wait a few months :p

You are correct.

You can understand the need to get one asap if you were buying for someones christmas present. You are treating them. Totally get that.

I've been guilty of going nuts to find a new console before christmas in the past. After a few days of having the console I always realised that the mad rush was silly.

The launch line-up of these next gen consoles isnt too bad tho. If someone wants to play Battlefield 4, COD Ghosts, Dead Rising 3 etc over the Christmas period (as they are built up franchise games) then you can understand their need to get a console.

Personally I want to play all those games too. But they can wait a few months :p

I said earlier, if it's for a child then it's understandable. A grown man sitting on a computer pressing f5 constantly however, is borderline psychotic.

If you want to play Ghosts, Battlefield, Black Flag etc then boot up your 360/ps3 because there isn't too much of a difference anyway. If The Division was a launch game then I might understand it a bit more but tbh, there is no "WOW" factor to any of the games launched so far. Especially on the ps4,of all the launch titles the 2 to impress me the most have been Forza and Dead Rising.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Yes my son wants nothing else for Christmas but a PS4, I'm:o going crazy following this thread the past two weeks and have had no luck anywhere.

I must be too slow on the keyboard too, and Argos codes out there etc greatly appreciated here. I am willing to go travel anywhere in Ireland. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I have had mine since launch and after finishing the games I got and having no interest in the others, I have barely played it in the last 10 days, as people have mentioned you are not missing out on anything yet not having it, it will not be till the end of next year till it will fully come into its own, till then I have plenty of new PS3 games to look forward to next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

I said earlier, if it's for a child then it's understandable. A grown man sitting on a computer pressing f5 constantly however, is borderline psychotic.

If you want to play Ghosts, Battlefield, Black Flag etc then boot up your 360/ps3 because there isn't too much of a difference anyway. If The Division was a launch game then I might understand it a bit more but tbh, there is no "WOW" factor to any of the games launched so far. Especially on the ps4,of all the launch titles the 2 to impress me the most have been Forza and Dead Rising.
    Pyscotic really? If they want it and want to spend money on tthemselves I see no problem. I fail too see how you can judge someone for for something they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Its each to their own as to why someone would want a console. But I hear you. I myself dont see a mad rush to get a ps4 or xbox one.

Always remember being mad crazy to get a xbox 360 at launch :p I managed to find one tucked away in Smyth Toys. I ran back home to get the money and ran back to pay. Near the end of playing perfect dark zero I just realised the rush was crazy. I bought the console for myself and I just got sucked in to the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 niallmaher

God damn it Amazon.

Been watching it for a week and they restock when I am on the train.

Hope a few more pop up there in the next few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I think it's the trill of the chase it's a competition to be one of the few to have one, if your not a competitive person then it's hard to understand but it's the fun of finally getting one. When I got the Argos reservation code I was like a 5 year old on Christmas, it was that exciting.
    I think it's ludicrous parents who are struggling spending 400-500 quid for one of these if I wanted something this expensive I saved.
    I bought my ps2 on launch day saving up something like 3 pound a week, that's what kids should be made do and they might appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Got a killzone bundle from Amazon :) thanks to an email from nowinstock(dot) net

• Registered Users Posts: 27 phily0702

DaLad wrote: »

It's out of stock now thanks anyway il keep trying

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

This is what i have been using to find one but still havent. But if anyone could give me a code it would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Bluestrike wrote: »
    This is what i have been using to find one but still havent. But if anyone could give me a code it would be greatly appreciated

I'm guessing you don't want to get that €660 bundle pack from Game :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Just got a phone call from Gamestop Waterford. Initially I was told after Christmas as I didnt pre order in the 1st wave. He now tells me they have extra stock coming in tomorrow and would I be in a position to take one.
    I said of course I would :D. Good luck to everyone else in searching and hope you get sorted out :)

best-funny-christmas-gifs-wishes-2013-dancing.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 28 djdwainec

how can u get amazon bundle delivered to ireland i tought electronic items dont deliver here?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 djdwainec

Looking for a code in southeast from tomorrow onwards if anyone cann help

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

djdwainec wrote: »
    how can u get amazon bundle delivered to ireland i tought electronic items dont deliver here?

Think that's just for very large items such as 50" TV's. You can get stuff like PS4/Xbox/Computer components delivered to Ireland no problem, with free delivery and all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 conormcfadden9

DaLad wrote: »
    Think that's just for very large items such as 50" TV's. You can get stuff like PS4/Xbox/Computer components delivered to Ireland no problem, with free delivery and all.

Do you have to pay VAT on top of that? Considering trying to buy one from the UK.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement