Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

djdwainec wrote: »
    how can u get amazon bundle delivered to ireland i tought electronic items dont deliver here?

Amazon UK delivers to Ireland amazon USA doesn't.
    Do you have to pay VAT on top of that? Considering trying to buy one from the UK.

Yes the vat will be added onto the price. If you use parcel motel in antrim the vat will be lower. Although Parcel motel seems to have a backlog so close to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Do you have to pay VAT on top of that? Considering trying to buy one from the UK.

Yeah, when you enter your Irish address, the price will adjust to add the extra couple of percent difference between then UK vat & Irish vat.

You can avail of the lower UK vat by using Parcel Motel if it was convenient for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 conormcfadden9

DaLad wrote: »
    Yeah, when you enter your Irish address, the price will adjust to add the extra couple of percent difference between then UK vat & Irish vat.

You can avail of the lower UK vat by using Parcel Motel if it was convenient for you.

Okay. Thanks for the reply.

Fiddlex wrote: »

The U.S version Amazon.com does also deliver to Ireland. Just tried it with an Xbox One to confirm using my Irish address and it works with an 8-14 day delivery. Works out €25 cheaper than buying the same console here and includes the customs tax already.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 djdwainec

Think that's just for very large items such as 50" TV's. You can get stuff like PS4/Xbox/Computer components delivered to Ireland no problem, with free delivery and all.
    Fiddlex wrote: »

Cheers lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭fredotf2

Would be great if anyone had any spare argos codes in the Dublin region for me. Would love to get one before Christmas, just putting myself out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 work please

If anyone has a cork Argos code I'll take it, just about fed up with it all by now.. It's like I'm destined not to get one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

Any codes for Wexford or surrounding counties would be appreciated if there's any floating about thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭I Saw Silence

Killzone bundle from Argos via Ebay for £399: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PS4-500GB-CONSOLE-WITH-KILLZONE-SHADOW-FALL-GAME-/331088660476?clk_rvr_id=561438142891

Edit: Gone.

Edit: and back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 niallmaher

Has anyone got any updates on the Amazon standard consoles other then "after christmas".

Would rather order that and having it show up in the first few weeks of January then give my money to the jokers in my local shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭I Saw Silence

niallmaher wrote: »
    Has anyone got any updates on the Amazon standard consoles other then "after christmas".

Would rather order that and having it show up in the first few weeks of January then give my money to the jokers in my local shops.

I had ordered mine on the 4th of December and never heard back about a dispatch date before cancelling the order today. Hope this sheds some light on what to expect if you order now.

Are there similar stock shortages for the Xbox One?

Are there similar stock shortages for the Xbox One?

No, not as bad. I have a reservation for one in Galway to give away. (Xbox code that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I walked in and picked up a knack bundle for my brother tonight at 5pm,smyths Waterford...last one.

I told you lads that they would be there.

More on wedensday .

051 370322 .

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Got my ps4 today. Been a crazy time looking, glad its over but im going to find it hard to step away from this thread. It's a addicting looking :pac:

Of course if I can get any codes I will pass them on

All I need is a code for Castlebar. Came so close already today. I like the challenge of trying to get the console. It'll make me appreciate it even more I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 phily0702

If anybody has a code would really appreciate it willing to travel anywhere on this island to get one

• Registered Users Posts: 16 toxytag

Was in Smyths in Carrickmines on Sunday and was told they would have them on Monday but tried ringing them all day today but no one picked up the phone so I'm not sure they got them in. Time is running out to get one before Christmas if anyone has a code for Argos please pm me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

toxytag wrote: »
    Was in Smyths in Carrickmines on Sunday and was told they would have them on Monday but tried ringing them all day today but no one picked up the phone so I'm not sure they got them in. Time is running out to get one before Christmas if anyone has a code for Argos please pm me!
    I was there a few days before launch and they said they werent getting them till after christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LeonieD

stehyl15 wrote: »
    I was there a few days before launch and they said they werent getting them till after christmas

That's wat they all say to get rid of us. I don't think any worker knows if they are gettin them or not but at least if they say they aren't they DNt have as many people annoyin them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hardy_buck

Anyone know of any ps4 available in Galway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 rayken

any limerick codes puhleeaase i'm geting desperate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭slongwill

there were two in stock in carlow moments ago and when i tried to reserve one for someone here they were gone. hope one of ye got them!

Will a UK ps4 off amazon work in Ireland

hardy_buck wrote: »

Short answer. Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 StephenW9

slongwill wrote: »
    there were two in stock in carlow moments ago and when i tried to reserve one for someone here they were gone. hope one of ye got them!

Yes i seen that bit by the time i tried reserving 1 they were gone ;( id love a portlaoise code if anybody got one thanks.

Short answer. Yes.

Any dis-advantages apart from if it breaks? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

hardy_buck wrote: »

Just don't turn on location services in the settings because if it detects that you're in Ireland it beeps for five minutes, self-destructs and turns into a heap of dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 PaulOSullicar

slongwill wrote: »

Was that for the Killzone bundle?

• Advertisement

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Just don't turn on location services in the settings because if it detects that you're in Ireland it beeps for five minutes, self-destructs and turns into a heap of dust.

I'll take that as a yes but are there any disadvantages

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement