Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

iMark wrote: »
    Seen the facebook update from Power City, they say they have a 'limited supply' from 9am tomorrow. Be nice if they told us how limited the supply is, I'm not queueing up for the sake of a few consoles if I may not get one. It could be 10 like most other places.

It only says font hill will have stock on the site and have the numbers listed 2 bundles about 100 consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

brendanL wrote: »
    Called Tesco's in Maynooth, told me no pre-orders / not releasing stock details and they'll be selling them at 12.01...

What number did you call, Maynooth close at 12 usually, I am in Maynooth myself at the moment and would love the opportunity to get one as I got seriously shafted by Gamestop on both my Xbox One and PS4 and after making a complaint about the mistreatment was subsequently banned from their store, it's all really messy at the moment but all in all I got buggered big time. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I got seriously shafted by Gamestop on both my Xbox One and PS4 and after making a complaint about the mistreatment was subsequently banned from their store

oh you can't just say that and leave us on tenterhooks...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭iMark

JamboMac wrote: »
    It only says font hill will have stock on the site and have the numbers listed 2 bundles about 100 consoles.

Cheers, hope it turns out to be legit, it is a lot to have compared to other stores that have only been quoting on average 10 consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭brendanL

Yeah sounds like powercity just centralized their batch, the other places are spreading them around -this is purely speculation-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭davkel

So is there anywhere doing a midnight launch in dublin for people who haven't preordered?
    Airport dixons/currys wont have any in the morning.

brendanL wrote: »
    Yeah sounds like powercity just centralized their batch, the other places are spreading them around -this is purely speculation-

Yeah, according to them this is the only branch you will be able to buy them from. Only one per customer too (thankfully), well that has made me a bit happier.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

Cork update!

Smyths, not releasing any for non pre orders, and the waiting list is closed.

Tesco being very cagey, best off choosing one and queueing.

HN any left over non pre order are 1st come 1st served tomorrow at 09:30.

I also just got a very interesting email from Argos!

Whats the email dude?

COYVB wrote: »
    oh you can't just say that and leave us on tenterhooks...

It makes the xtravision stuff look weak, I will post up about it soon as it is quite the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

It makes the xtravision stuff look weak, I will post up about it soon as it is quite the story.

Good man! Looking forward to it!

• Advertisement

Just got in touch with Power City, they confirmed that those numbers they have are the exact numbers of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Rang tesco Clearwater and was told they aren't getting any on launch day and with being one of the biggest tesco in Ireland nearly suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

Just got in touch with Power City, they confirmed that those numbers they have are the exact numbers of stock.

Just Fonthill yeah?

Just Fonthill yeah?

Yep, just in Fonthill. They also say they will have complementary food and drink in the morning from Levazza. Next question really is how early is too early to go in?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

Yep, just in Fonthill. They also say they will have complementary food and drink in the morning from Levazza. Next question really is how early is too early to go in?

Ah Christ, for some reason I thought it was midnight! Can't make 9am :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mau_52

Happy days then; I live 5 minutes from there :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭mbradso2003

Ah Christ, for some reason I thought it was midnight! Can't make 9am :(

Same here, dam work getting in the way!!! GRRRRR !!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭seany212121

Anyone going to fonthill I'm going to head there in the morning just not sure what time to head at

mau_52 wrote: »
    Happy days then; I live 5 minutes from there :-)

Lucky you, Im only 20 minutes or so away so not too bad for myself either. Im just trying to decide what time to head out for. Very early in the morning really I am guessing.

Lucky you, Im only 20 minutes or so away so not too bad for myself either. Im just trying to decide what time to head out for. Very early in the morning really I am guessing.

I wonder if 6 is too late?!?!

• Advertisement

Anyone going to fonthill I'm going to head there in the morning just not sure what time to head at

Yeah man I am heading there but I am trying to figure out what time to go at myself. I mean queues in the UK for stores have been going about 8 hours or so today in the run up to midnight, should we take anything from that I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Gonna head about half 8 and hope for the best, bitta luck there won't be much of a que.

mau_52 wrote: »
    I wonder if 6 is too late?!?!

I dont know to be honest, I mean while 100 is a good number it is not huge, 100 places could go fast. Real fast.

Yeah man I am heading there but I am trying to figure out what time to go at myself. I mean queues in the UK for stores have been going about 8 hours or so today in the run up to midnight, should we take anything from that I wonder?

Think I'll go there for 6 am they have 100 1 per customer I'll keep updated when I get there I will be sick if I get there and the que is huge fingers crossed

I think I'm heading down there for a sneak peak, get diesel as well on the way as well.
    Will post when I'm back

Imagine the headline:
    Robbing Bandit Banned From Store

Best of luck to those heading to Tesco soon enough.

HA,HA You're Funny... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Wow 6am! Do yas think there will be any left at all by half 8? No chance I guess?

Think I'll go there for 6 am they have 100 1 per customer I'll keep updated when I get there I will be sick if I get there and the que is huge fingers crossed

I was thinking about going for 5am myself. 4 hours, surely there would not be 100 people there 4 hours before launch. I hope!

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Wow 6am! Do yas think there will be any left at all by half 8? No chance I guess?

They dont open until 9, people are looking at heading there for about 6 though to get into line outside.

• Advertisement

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Gonna head about half 8 and hope for the best, bitta luck there won't be much of a que.

I'll be heading earlier I'll keep posted on this anyways and let you know if there is a question or not

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement