Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

disco girl wrote: »
    All depends on whether or not it's the type of game you like really...I've never been fond of the Killzone games anyway.

Always thought of them as a poor mans Halo tbh....

BF4 is where its at...

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MCD.

GameStop in Tullamore have a approximately 50. I'd imagine some went to pre orders but they have a stock surplus. Picked one up on spec this evening.

I was told they can not place any on hold by phone so they are strictly for walk ins.

I got the last Killzone one. They have a few console onlys and another game bundle (not a big name one, I didn't recognise it).

Tullamore is less than an hours drive from Dublin and about an hour from galway (in light traffic)

Start your engines!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭slongwill

Great to see a few B&M stores starting to sell them on 1st come 1st served basis. :)

Few Argos refreshes now. Yay internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

This sudden influx of PS4's that were supposedly booked out until the end of January, with suggested large volumes coming in the weekend too. I'd well believe they did hold some back to generate even more of a hype!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MCD.

DaLad wrote: »
    This sudden influx of PS4's that were supposedly booked out until the end of January, with suggested large volumes coming in the weekend too. I'd well believe they did hold some back to generate even more of a hype!

It worked on me. I called in asking when they expected stock after Xmas. When I heard they had stock I neay took Your mans hand off!

• Advertisement

MCD. wrote: »
    It worked on me. I called in asking when they expected stock after Xmas. When I heard they had stock I neay took Your mans hand off!

Yup, I especially recall 2 guys in Gamestop in front of me at the checkout asking about PS4 pre-orders and if there was any chance of one before Christmas, should they put their names down anyway and the employee saying there was NO chance of getting any until the END of January and if he pre-booked now he would be guaranteed one for late January/ early February.

Of course, the employee probably genuinely thought this.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Anyone get one in smyths?

Anyone get one in smyths?

Yeah JonerKinsella a good few posts back got one in Smyths Waterford today and a friend of his got one in Blanchardstown today too. He said there was more due in Friday or so too. (If my memory serves me correct)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 conormcfadden9

Lots of Unknown Status listings now and the Argos website is starting to crash. Things are starting to be updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 johnnyguiden

Just got one in Mahon point in Cork, got a friend to collect, they have 3 left. Thanks a million guys for getting me this.

• Advertisement

Lots of Unknown Status listings now and the Argos website is starting to crash. Things are starting to be updated.

yeah noticed that! Hoping for one in the dublin area. and maybe even galway (tomorrow my friend is back in the country!).

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

slongwill wrote: »
    yeah noticed that! Hoping for one in the dublin area. and maybe even galway (tomorrow my friend is back in the country!).

Typical :rolleyes::D

What bundles are people checking?

disco girl wrote: »
    What bundles are people checking?

just killzone tonight. ive never seen anything for console on it's own. and not bothered by knack.

Getting nothing but error messages on the Argos website...time to delete internet history.

Getting nothing but error messages on the Argos website...time to delete internet history.

does that help?!

i'm just hoping to luck out with it tbh.

I've not seen any KZ bundles in stock tonight so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

Lots of unknown status....keep looking lads

slongwill wrote: »
    does that help?!

i'm just hoping to luck out with it tbh.

I've not seen any KZ bundles in stock tonight so far.

No idea, but it might help speed up my internet a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

is anyone actually making any progress, all keep getting is error messages

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭stevegrace

none if they do come up we wont be able to reserve them lol

• Advertisement

is anyone actually making any progress, all keep getting is error messages

Same for me.

normally the unknown status means no contact with that particular store at that time....keep refreshing lol

The Clonmel one has been the slowest to update the past few minutes, no matter how many times you refresh. Just sayin...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Sites just down. Santry and swords still out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭andyred

Does anybody know roughly how much game are selling all the second hand kill zones and assassin's creed games for?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Did Argos ever get the FIFA 14 or Assassins Creed Bundles in?

andyred wrote: »
    Does anybody know roughly how much game are selling all the second hand kill zones and assassin's creed games for?

The best I've seen for Killzone was on CeX for €27.

Did Argos ever get the FIFA 14 or Assassins Creed Bundles in?

Have never seen them pop up....

A KZ bundle just popped up in Clonmel. Website is too slow to get near it. :(

Is everyone in Ireland trying to get these?!

• Advertisement

Had it in the basket...but then popped up out of stock!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement