Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

Deal with ps4, killzone, extra controller and camera for around €600 here

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

DamoPL very kindly gave me a reservation for Argos Cork Queens Old Castle. I now can't make it in there today, so I'll pass it on if someone wants it. DamoPL has given out some codes, but is looking for one for Dublin, so I'll give that priority if a swap comes in,

It is for PS4 + Killzone Bundle €458.98

WR

• Registered Users Posts: 5 howdydoody122

whiterebel wrote: »
    DamoPL very kindly gave me a reservation for Argos Cork Queens Old Castle. I now can't make it in there today, so I'll pass it on if someone wants it. DamoPL has given out some codes, but is looking for one for Dublin, so I'll give that priority if a swap comes in,

It is for PS4 + Killzone Bundle €458.98

WR
    Can i have it please?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Can i have it please?

Sorry, rule has been put down by the mods - 1st time posters looking for codes will have requests deleted. Sorry, its to try andf keep them in the hands of genuine Boards users and away from scalpers.

fair enough rebel, always on here lurking about but lost my old account info so had to create a new one. cheers anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭FarOn

Me please

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gunnerkenny

Hey guys has anyone who ordered one off argos.co.uk through parcel motel received their console yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 biff_tannen

I'm still getting loads of error messages on argos.ie

I wonder if we all borked it last night.

gremlins.jpg

FarOn wrote: »
    Me please

Gone to FarOn. Sorry Howdydoody. Seems to be freeing up a bit in Cork, so good luck in the hunt.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Gone to FarOn. Sorry Howdydoody. Seems to be freeing up a bit in Cork, so good luck in the hunt.

No problem, I knew the rules but i decide to chance it!

friends got 3 last night in gamesstop in douglas. I was told they had 7 when they got theirs, I rang at 9 am and all the ps3's were gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 PSol

Hi everyone,

Following this thread for last 2 days - OH birthday is 3rd Jan and he's just dropped a hint in the last few days that he'd like a console. Arrgh. He had a PS3 and based on the popularity looks like PS4 is the way to go.

Does anyone have a sense of whether availability will be any better straight after Christmas? Just not sure if I should be panicking now or if things might ease up a bit the weekend of the 27th.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

PSol wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Following this thread for last 2 days - OH birthday is 3rd Jan and he's just dropped a hint in the last few days that he'd like a console. Arrgh. He had a PS3 and based on the popularity looks like PS4 is the way to go.

Does anyone have a sense of whether availability will be any better straight after Christmas? Just not sure if I should be panicking now or if things might ease up a bit the weekend of the 27th.

Thanks in advance.

Truthfully nobody really knows. It's all guess work. It looks like symths will be getting some over the next few days. gamestop maybe too.

For the 27th im not sure if there will be any. If smyths get these ones this week (which im 80% they will have walkins the next fews days) I think around the 27th you will be in between deliverers.

Don't take my word as gospel, im just using guess work for the info I have got from here and others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

Zavvi seem to have some on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Also meant to add I am doing Christmas shopping in dublin city today so will update here if I see any for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 12 biff_tannen

PSol wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Hi PSol

No one know for sure. If I were you - depending on where you are in the country - I'd keep a look out on checkargos.com and places like that. My opinion is that this represents your best chance to get one pre January 3rd. But to be honest, if I were you, I'd get a PLAN B in the pipeline for Jan 3rd as it is looking fairly unlikely at this stage.

That said, machines keep popping up. So again, no one knows for sure. Best of luck on the hunt!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Got one in GameStop Tullamore this morning, they still have some, first come first serve.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,684 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

i've heard sony shop in kilkenny might have some but this is second hand information so don't hold me to it. it's worth a call though!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Lots of stock popping up on Amazon and Asda :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

http://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-ps4-playstation-4 Info here for all Amazon and Asda stock

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bomber39

Picked one up in gamestop Newbridge last night before they closed. They had knack & killzone bundles still available. Worth giving them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭fredotf2

Have an available cork mahon killzone bundle code if anyone wants it. Pm me if you are interested. Must be picked up before the end of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

walked into games stop randomly yesterday and said any chance of getting a ps4 as i didn't pre order it. Yep... got a 500 gig kill zone model :D

Have to say graphics for a console are epic to be fair I cant see the ps4 falling appart any time soon :)

Same bundle as me. Its looks a beautiful machine. I haven't played KillZone yet, I was too busy playing FIFA :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

fredotf2 wrote: »
    Have an available cork mahon killzone bundle code if anyone wants it. Pm me if you are interested. Must be picked up before the end of today.

Who's giving codes in Mahon?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭GR3YFOXXX

Fair play bud! Managed to order a killzone bundle for £386! Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭fredotf2

Who's giving codes in Mahon?

I have one if you want it. Pm me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Barbarellaaa

Smyths in Tallaght have at least 10! I'm here now and finally picked one up!

Thanks to everyone for all of the updates recently!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Still available on Amazon - this time everyone should have time to get one - definitely last chance with Amazon for xmas

May kill this thread though if everyone prefers the challenge of Argos stock checker or pounding the pavement.

To speed up Amazon sign up for Prime (next day delivery) and get it to Parcel Motel - yes will increase the costs but as I have said earlier on this thread if you 100% want it for Xmas it is still way less than Adverts on the 24th...

If you prefer to try and swap codes on Argos or await Smyths/Gamestop to have stock then I hope it works out for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement