Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

iMark wrote: »
    They dont open until 9, people are looking at heading there for about 6 though to get into line outside.

Think I'll be giving it a miss so, thanks mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Lads, this reminds me of the thread on the night of the Xbox 360 launch (yes I am that old LOL).

Everybody on here spreading the info, gossip and misdirection, having the banter, being delighted with themselves when they managed to get an Xbox 360 and that classic game "FIFA '06 - Road to the World Cup" (The only game in history where you only qualify for the world cup, and don't actually go if I recall correctly).

Anyway, I am enjoying the thread almost as much as I am going to enjoy the challenge of trying to get a PS4 tomorrow without a pre-order, so just wanted to say best of luck to everyone but even more than that, keep the posts coming! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DerekBlanch

5am? Ohh god hope when I get there at 7 there aint 100 people standing outside :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭iMark

Arciphel wrote: »
    Lads, this reminds me of the thread on the night of the Xbox 360 launch (yes I am that old LOL).

Everybody on here spreading the info, gossip and misdirection, having the banter, being delighted with themselves when they managed to get an Xbox 360 and that classic game "FIFA '06 - Road to the World Cup" (The only game in history where you only qualify for the world cup, and don't actually go if I recall correctly).

Anyway, I am enjoying the thread almost as much as I am going to enjoy the challenge of trying to get a PS4 tomorrow without a pre-order, so just wanted to say best of luck to everyone but even more than that, keep the posts coming! ;-)

I am also really enjoying it, nice to see people sharing so much information. Best of luck to everyone going hunting for one!
    5am? Ohh god hope when I get there at 7 there aint 100 people standing outside :mad:

To be honest that is just me being over cautious I think. That is how desperate I want one lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Amen, anyone know what the deal is with the Currys and PC World super stores in Liffey Valley, will they have any stock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭seany212121

I wonder if there will be a que outside or if it will just be mayhem when it opens

Tell me about it mate I pray to god I can get one in the morning lol

I wonder if there will be a que outside or if it will just be mayhem when it opens

I would say there will be a que, it is in Power Cities best interest not to create mayhem too. In fact I imagine they will do a ticket system for it when people are outside just to try keep it orderly and calm seeing as they will be out with coffee and food anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭seany212121

I would say there will be a que, it is in Power Cities best interest not to create mayhem too. In fact I imagine they will do a ticket system for it when people are outside just to try keep it orderly and calm seeing as they will be out with coffee and food anyway.

Well I think I'll head down for 5am now need one badly surely I'll get one anyways see who ever is down there on the morning and best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

mau_52 wrote: »
    Happy days then; I live 5 minutes from there :-)

Thinking of heading there now and sitting in the car

• Advertisement

L5 wrote: »
    Thinking of heading there now and sitting in the car

If you do then report back and let us know. 13 hours waiting for it would be pretty extreme though!

How ridicules would it be to play a PS4 or an Xbox One on a 16" laptop screen, don't have a tv at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

Galway update:

Tesco have no stock and wont for the foreseeable future.
    Smyths are doing the midnight opening for pre-order only and are 95% sure that they wont have any extra stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭davkel

i think this thread is making me want one more!
    Tesco clare hall is open at 6am and not selling them til 8, so you could go queue at 6 eat a roll write your memoirs and hopefully get handed one at 8

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

As a former manager in Argos...I remember a notice coming through to cancel all WII preorders in my store...as they were done by staff and there was massive complaints.

If enough people mail outlining it was clearly stated there was no pre ordering the consoles...they will cancel all pre orders for staff.

Not surprised in the slightest to be fair...terrible people operate the gaming division...not a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

you heard the man!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Powercity on the Fonthill road will be getting 91 consoles, could be a good place to go first thing in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

TheDoc wrote: »
    As a former manager in Argos...I remember a notice coming through to cancel all WII preorders in my store...as they were done by staff and there was massive complaints.

If enough people mail outlining it was clearly stated there was no pre ordering the consoles...they will cancel all pre orders for staff.

Not surprised in the slightest to be fair...terrible people operate the gaming division...not a clue

I read that as "cancel all world war two preorders". I lold, but then sunk back into my non preorder sink-hole of despair.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mau_52

Just back from Fonthill now; 15 cars in the car park, salesman told me that they will not open at midnight but they will at 08:30 and YES they have them in stock. So I guess 4:30 or 5:00 will be the latest I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭davkel

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Powercity on the Fonthill road will be getting 91 consoles, could be a good place to go first thing in the morning

I thought there was 100, what happened the other 9!! did those argos lads get their hands on them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

davkel wrote: »
    I thought there was 100, what happened the other 9!! did those argos lads get their hands on them!

Some people can't add 40, 27 and 24 together so they just round up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭happytramp

Wow. A lot of people on the forum now looking for info on where to pick one up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

If I was going to queue and had no other option, I'd happily wait 4+ hours. A 4 hour wait is nothing compared to the weeks it might take for supplies to meet demand. If you think you're trying to beat 10-100 people to the top of a queue in shops, that's if you're lucky.

To put it into perspective, just look at how many people were in line for the last FIFA. Its a game that comes out every year, has very few differences to the previous year (speaking as a fan) yet there were thousands of people waiting at midnight to buy something that never went out of stock. A new Playstation hasnt come for 7 years, it's less than 4 weeks to Christmas and for some reason, most shops haven't a clue what they've coming in for tomorrow, let alone the next 4 weeks.

Good luck guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

mau_52 wrote: »
    Just back from Fonthill now; 15 cars in the car park, salesman told me that they will not open at midnight but they will at 08:30 and YES they have them in stock. So I guess 4:30 or 5:00 will be the latest I'll be there.

Are you saying those 15 cars were people already queuing?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mau_52

Nope.Maybe staff and regular customers but funny enough they had a security guy at front entrance?!?1

Stop motivating people to queue! lol

Are you saying those 15 cars were people already queuing?

I thought that for a second too, I was about to hop in the car lol

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

Gonna try craigavon tonight. 40 minute drive!

Hate to ask but if anyone really does get to Fonthill at 5 or 6 can they post regular updates of the queue, please. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I thought that for a second too, I was about to hop in the car lol

I wouldn't be surprised if people sat in the car all night waiting for the first person to start the queue, then they will all hop out and join the queue!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement