Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Glennmaher

Just came from Smyths(jervis) and gamestop(Henry st,) and both said that they selling only to people who are on a waiting list.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Anyone waiting on a preorder from Smyths in Athlone get a phonecall? Can't get through to them all day

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JJZULUAGA

Go to liffey st gamestop for sure I just rang sorry my friend told me of Henry st

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JJZULUAGA

Phone number of liffey st gamestop 018724305

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭dubsaab

I ordered from Amazon at 9.00 this morning and have just got a dispatch e-mail.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Rang XV in Midleton - Laughed at the idea of walk-in sales. They still haven't covered their pre-orders, and have no ideas when they are getting deliveries. Rang GS in Midleton, and they had one Knack bundle left. Two KZ bundles awaiting pick up, but held the Knack one for me. Could trade Knack for €22 and buy KZ for €26 if I wanted, or pay €466 for the lot. Collected my Knack bundle and headed off into the sunset on my white charger........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

whiterebel wrote: »
    Rang XV in Midleton - Laughed at the idea of walk-in sales. They still haven't covered their pre-orders, and have no ideas when they are getting deliveries. Rang GS in Midleton, and they had one Knack bundle left. Two KZ bundles awaiting pick up, but held the Knack one for me. Could trade Knack for €22 and buy KZ for €26 if I wanted, or pay €466 for the lot. Collected my Knack bundle and headed off into the sunset on my white charger........

To add to that, GS Ballincollig said GS Mahon are only doing walk in sales as they had no facility set up to pre-order. Both apparently have stock at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

JJZULUAGA wrote: »
    Phone number of liffey st gamestop 018724305

And they're gone.....

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briman1983

If anyone has any reservation codes for the limerick area or knows of any please let me know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Barlett

Any word on Stephens Green GameStop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

Barlett wrote: »
    Any word on Stephens Green GameStop?

Said none for walkins this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lorbod13

Rang Galway GS no walk ins have pre ordered with xtra vision rang them they said no chance of gettin it before Christmas even thou ordered in October!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 biff_tannen

Hey guys.

So I'm now one of the lucky ones who got a PS4.

Anyway my situation is that I booked kinda late - Nov 20th to be exact - in Dun Laoghaire Game Stop. Because I booked late I was advised by them to continue the hunt elsewhere. I've missed out on the PowerCity release, the few walk in options that became available, and even the Argos releases. I was up at the crack the morning of the release and number 4 in the Argos queue in Dun Laoghaire but i turned back when they said that they only had Killzone bundles and Knack ones. (I only wanted the machine) - That was a big mistake in the end cause I should have just bough the Killzone bundle and been done with it.

Anyway I've spent the last month on argoschecker etc and NOTHING, ZIP, NADA.

But a few mins ago I rang GameStop in Dun Laoghaire. I said to the guy on the phone that I had a booking from November and I had heard about some walk in ones available in town today. I asked had he any. He said, we got in a bunch of machines this morning but have not had a chance to phone people who are on the preorder list here. So he said, come down and BE SURE TO BRING ID. But he only had Knack and Killzone bundles. Anyway I went down and got the Killzone. Same one I could have, and SHOULD have just bought in the first place at argos on the morning of release.

Anyway there you go. I wanted to give as much information as possible so that it might help someone else.

I'm gonna plug the thing in now, make sure it works, and then rebox it for Christmas. Good luck to everyone else on the hunt. Dont give up. I was starting to give up myself, but then here we go all of a sudden!

Have a great Christmas everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gunnerkenny

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Nothing as yet, was due to be arrive there today. Has anything popped up on your parcel motel login as checked in?

No nothing as of yet! Argos delivery was due yesterday so I expected parcel motel to deliver it today but still nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

No nothing as of yet! Argos delivery was due yesterday so I expected parcel motel to deliver it today but still nothing!
    I've been on to argos uk about my order which was due into PM in the north yesterday and they seem to have cocked it up ... I might not be getting one after all. Need to ring them back to confirm the cock up but santas assistant is here and can't call now! Could be screwed ... can't believe it as I've passed up on ordering it from amazon a couple of times. Seems Argos are just a disaster.
    There should be a truckload of PS4s going into that parcel motel in the north every day judging by the amount of folds here who went that route.

Update: Thanks to Rooster8ooster I got the last standalone unit in Smyths Waterford. I then rang Argos back and they told me that I could expect my PS4 tomorrow, but I told them to cancel it as I had made other arrangements and couldn't trust them to get it to me as they'd screwed me over twice already. I have to write to them now and they're going to hopefully give me 10% compensation. Argos told me to refuse delivery if I get it tomorrow, and have asked parcel motel to do same - however they can't guarantee that they will. This saga could have some further to run yet. Bet I get the thing delivered to me on 27th Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Rooster8ooster

Smyths Waterford have 10 knack bundles and 1 standalone ps4 for sale right now for walk in customers - just out of there, that's there last stock before Christmas. My Killzone bundle from argos.co.uk seems stuck in parcel motel limbo unfortunately - seriously tempted to get another!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭FarOn

Argos Cork Queens code if someone wants it

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Drogboy79

Walked into Smyths Drogheda an hour ago and picked up Knack bundle. Girl there said they got delivery in today and have more for purchase without reservation.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Rooster8ooster

Hey guys has anyone who ordered one off argos.co.uk through parcel motel received their console yet?

Argos.co.uk were supposed to deliver mine to newtownabbey yesterday, rang them today and they said it will be delivered out there this evening - I though the problem was at parcel motel end because they are pretty swamped at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

FarOn wrote: »
    Argos Cork Queens code if someone wants it

Heya, could I get it please? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Great to see PS4's being available today,a nice kick in the nuts for the scalpers on Adverts & Donedeal.

Which poster predicted that there'd be consoles available by the 19th? Bravo sir on a job well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭djayforza

anyone else's order still "dispatching now" on Amazon - ordered at 9 am yesterday morning? Its been on this status since 4/5pm yesterday. Begining to think it wont arrive for christmas. Maybe I should have paid for the 2 day postage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Glad to see stock is starting to flow more freely now. Got paid for January today so I am sorely tempted to get one. Must resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭Quandary

Hey folks

Smyths toys in fonthill retail park in Clondalkin will have them in stock for walk in customers tomorrow morning.

I called them just 2 minutes ago and they confirmed this.

First come first served. They open at 9.

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

djayforza wrote: »
    anyone else's order still "dispatching now" on Amazon - ordered at 9 am yesterday morning? Its been on this status since 4/5pm yesterday. Begining to think it wont arrive for christmas. Maybe I should have paid for the 2 day postage

i had an order like that on friday (not a ps4) . It was dispatching all weekend then it changed to "dispatched" yesterday and the expected delivery date changed from the 24th to the 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭djayforza

donegal. wrote: »
    i had an order like that on friday (not a ps4) . It was dispatching all weekend then it changed to "dispatched" yesterday and the expected delivery date changed from the 24th to the 19th.

So there is hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Im the same, still waiting. Estimate delivery is Dec 20th. I used parcel motel and their cut off for Christmas is Dec 21st before 12pm so its gonna be close

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Gamestop in Naas had some as of 4pm. Killzone bundle only I believe.
    Phoned earlier. Told they would have them Friday but he called me back at lunch and said they had them. Picked one up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I had the same wasn't a ps4 was dispatching now since Thursday and dispatched Sunday arrived 9am Tuesday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement