Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

Smyths Waterford have 10 knack bundles and 1 standalone ps4 for sale right now for walk in customers - just out of there, that's there last stock before Christmas. My Killzone bundle from argos.co.uk seems stuck in parcel motel limbo unfortunately - seriously tempted to get another!!!
    You absolute star! Just picked up the standalone about an hour ago ... I literally sprinted out of the house to get it and dumped my kid with a neighbour. Then I got a puncture ... in the pissing rain. Sorted now though so thanks a million. Argos ... ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGos

• Registered Users Posts: 33 kevinr7213

Hey a very kind member sent me an a code for argos mahon point, fortunately I got the phone call I was waiting for last night an collected my pre order. So if anyone else needs one leave me know has to be used tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

kevinr7213 wrote: »
    Hey a very kind member sent me an a code for argos mahon point, fortunately I got the phone call I was waiting for last night an collected my pre order. So if anyone else needs one leave me know has to be used tonight.

Could I get it please? Thanks a mill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 kevinr7213

kingtut wrote: »
    Could I get it please? Thanks a mill :)

Pm sent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

Thanks a millon whoever said that smyths tallaght had them rang them said they had them drove out there thought on the 50/50 chance they had them collected it and played it.Best of luck too whoever is still looking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Was in gamestop swords. Just so happened a sony rep walked in ahead of me. He said that on Saturday morning if people do not collect their preorders by then they will give them on a first come first served basis!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 JordanW5497

Smyths told me I can collect my pre-order tomorrow morning. They said they were getting 100, might have some left after pre-orders. One on Fonthill.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭jvrk

Have a code for killarney that has to be collected at 10pm tonight cant collect due to unforeseen circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

I have a code for Carlow but needs to be collected tonight. I got one in Smyths waterford today

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭djayforza

I have just recieved a dispatched email from amazon. Said I should expect delivery on 23rd. I ordered on the 17th fyi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Macky77

djayforza wrote: »
    I have just recieved a dispatched email from amazon. Said I should expect delivery on 23rd. I ordered on the 17th fyi.

solas version or in a bundle?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭djayforza

Macky77 wrote: »
    solas version or in a bundle?

Knack bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Hey guys.

So I'm now one of the lucky ones who got a PS4.

Anyway my situation is that I booked kinda late - Nov 20th to be exact - in Dun Laoghaire Game Stop. Because I booked late I was advised by them to continue the hunt elsewhere. I've missed out on the PowerCity release, the few walk in options that became available, and even the Argos releases. I was up at the crack the morning of the release and number 4 in the Argos queue in Dun Laoghaire but i turned back when they said that they only had Killzone bundles and Knack ones. (I only wanted the machine) - That was a big mistake in the end cause I should have just bough the Killzone bundle and been done with it.

Anyway I've spent the last month on argoschecker etc and NOTHING, ZIP, NADA.

But a few mins ago I rang GameStop in Dun Laoghaire. I said to the guy on the phone that I had a booking from November and I had heard about some walk in ones available in town today. I asked had he any. He said, we got in a bunch of machines this morning but have not had a chance to phone people who are on the preorder list here. So he said, come down and BE SURE TO BRING ID. But he only had Knack and Killzone bundles. Anyway I went down and got the Killzone. Same one I could have, and SHOULD have just bought in the first place at argos on the morning of release.

Anyway there you go. I wanted to give as much information as possible so that it might help someone else.

I'm gonna plug the thing in now, make sure it works, and then rebox it for Christmas. Good luck to everyone else on the hunt. Dont give up. I was starting to give up myself, but then here we go all of a sudden!

Have a great Christmas everyone.

I was the same - placed an order with Gamestop on Nov. 22nd and was told it would be January when I'd get it. I rang them again last Saturday and they said I could pick it up! Happy Days! They must have got more stock in or else people who pre-ordered didn't have the funds to pay and they had to let them go?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

There are loads of PS4s in stock in Smyths at Kinsale Rd roundabout Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AzMediaIreland

Anyone know how much gamestop are selling the kill zone bundle for??

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭slongwill

Anyone know how much gamestop are selling the kill zone bundle for??

e440 i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

Picked mine uo today from Smyths in Fonthill.
    I was told they will have around 2moro after the preorders have been cleared

Did anyone who picked up the PS4 today in shops in Dublin get the impression they'll have more tomorrow?! XD

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Anyone else on Argos watch? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

tried smyths in swords again today, was told they got some in but they are all for pre orders. wasnt sure about more coming in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

disco girl wrote: »

Haha I just sat down to spend the next two hours refreshing!!

duffman13 wrote: »
    Haha I just sat down to spend the next two hours refreshing!!

i feel like this is a lucky night!

slongwill wrote: »
    i feel like this is a lucky night!

Feeling fairly optimistic myself now! Seems to be a steady stream today for some reason

disco girl wrote: »

yes, i am. but getting nowhere :(

tried to reserve there and got excited because it let me get to tha page where you put in your email etc. forgot last night when i left the tab open i added cod ghosts to the basket too. i reserved a game and no console.

/fail

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

Told ye's yesterday that Smyths would have them today. preorders are being held till 6pm tomorrow so you could try then too!

Told ye's yesterday that Smyths would have them today. preorders are being held till 6pm tomorrow so you could try then too!

they did but the chap there told me they are holding the preorders until tue

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

Bradz213 wrote: »
    Picked mine uo today from Smyths in Fonthill.
    I was told they will have around 2moro after the preorders have been cleared

Around 40 for walkins is what i meant to say

Cheers for that, i did call smyths but was told it was first come first serve. The boss was never gonna let me leave to pick up a PS4. No luck tonight and ill pop into Smyths

• Advertisement

Bradz213 wrote: »
    Around 40 for walkins is what i meant to say

Excellent, where they bundles or stand alones?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement