Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

neo2010 wrote: »
    Please if anyone has a Limerick code by any chance, I would be thrilled. :)

Go to Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

There are two killzone packs available in Dundrum right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭neo2010

Do Smyths in Limerick have stock??

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

neo2010 wrote: »
    Do Smyths in Limerick have stock??

Yea. Look a page back

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

There are two killzone packs available in Dundrum right now.

Got the last one, browser froze while doing it.
    Checked my email and has a valid code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Gregor_1996

Smyth's fonthill have some left a friend of mine walked in randomly and purchased one

• Registered Users Posts: 33 treble1999

F1ngers wrote: »
    Got the last one, browser froze while doing it.
    Checked my email and has a valid code.

Thought I got one aswell, got reservation code and confirmation. Just got a phone call from the store in Dundrum saying its been cancelled :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gunnerkenny

treble1999 wrote: »
    Thought I got one aswell, got reservation code and confirmation. Just got a phone call from the store in Dundrum saying its been cancelled :mad:

Same happened me :mad:

There are 4 Killzone packs in Killarney right now for anybody who needs one.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

Ok so rang Argos.co.uk this morning and it seems that my PS4 was refused collection at source and sent back.....damn parcel motel. Had no option but to request a refund so I am now PS4-less for my son at xmas. What a disaster.

If anybody would be generous enough to donate a code for anywhere in Dublin and save my xmas it would be greatly appreciated but I am not holding my breath :(
    Good luck with getting sorted. I was let down by argos.co.uk, not parcel motel. Are there many more on here that were let down? I would have thought that there would have been a van load of PS4s going into parcel motel every day form Argos given this thread. Not happy at all with Argos and am pursuing compensation from them - their service was really really shoddy. I hope the fact that I was using parcel motel won't effect my claim as I'm really disappointed in aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgos. But for Rooster8ooster I would have been screwed - managed to pick one up in Smyths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Was in Smyths at the Kinsale Road, Cork last night, ps4's and xb1's in stock and on the shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gunnerkenny

johnwd wrote: »
    Good luck with getting sorted. I was let down by argos.co.uk, not parcel motel. Are there many more on here that were let down? I would have thought that there would have been a van load of PS4s going into parcel motel every day form Argos given this thread. Not happy at all with Argos and am pursuing compensation from them - their service was really really shoddy. I hope the fact that I was using parcel motel won't effect my claim as I'm really disappointed in aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgos. But for Rooster8ooster I would have been screwed - managed to pick one up in Smyths.

Absolute disaster, what a terrible service all round! Thought I was sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Rant1

Got one of the codes for Killarney if anyone wants it?

Can't believe I missed the Dundrum ones. Been watching that one since release date like a hawk.

Edit: Code gone

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭mac1961

if anyone from killarney is interested there is one in argos for the last couple of minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Rooster8ooster

johnwd wrote: »

Hey see my earlier post for argos uk disaster, try delivered the game but no console so cancelled the order, scrambling to get one in Waterford now, none left in smyths or gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

I would encourage all parents if they can get the PlayStation 4 off Santa before Christmas to make sure it works before the kids get it on Christmas morning.
    I decided to download the latest firmware last night and the PlayStation would not turn on. I am just off the phone to Sony .They said a cornier will exchange my one for a new one on Christmas eve. I am hoping they are not lying to me. But I if you have kids definitely check it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Caoimhin

Hi Guys,

If you are near Newbridge Kildare, check in Harvey Norman, gamestop, DID, Tesco etc.

3 of my friends literally walked in to these places yesterday with no pre-order and just bought a PS4. No problems at all.

Just passing on the news

Tullamore has 2 killzone packs right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Caoimhin

I would encourage all parents if they can get the PlayStation 4 off Santa before Christmas to make sure it works before the kids get it on Christmas morning.
    I decided to download the latest firmware last night and the PlayStation would not turn on. I am just off the phone to Sony .They said a cornier will exchange my one for a new one on Christmas eve. I am hoping they are not lying to me. But I if you have kids definitely check it today.

Christ that sounds horrible, I have not encountered that yet, hope you get sorted

Argos in Cork Queen's Old Castle have 3 Killzone packs right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Missus_smurf

Have codes for argos in Galway and one for tullamore for whoever wants it! Pm me.

Gone!

Also have cork queens old castle

• Registered Users Posts: 11 diodaq

Cork Queens Old Castle has 2 and Tullamore 1. I also have one code for Cork if anyoe wants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

i have a killarney code if anyone is interested?

code is gone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Rant1

This was posted on Smyths Facebook page less than an hour ago:

"We also have stock of the PlayStation 4 now in our Bray, Fonthill, Blanchardstown, Jervis St., Drogheda, Athlone, Forestside, Boucher Rd. and Newry stores. All stock is available on a first come, first served basis and you check your local store for stock availability."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

It is good to see that we actually did beat the scalpers. It really ended up as I thought - lot of stock showing up right before christmas. Even here it gets quiet day by day. Hope the last few posters without it will find it by Monday.
    Looks lke even people who do not do Argos check every minutes managed to get them at HN, Smyths and Gamestop.
    Anyone heard any news on Extravision - looks like they are well behind everyone else. We sourced more consoles on this thread alone, than they did after the launch:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Anyone in Limerick or can collect in Limerick, please PM me, especially if I know you on boards.

Cost price PS4 and Knack - 440. Snapped one up for a boardsie that needs it. I was going to post it on adverts, but I don't know if a person with 0 feedback might buy it to sell it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

was browsing boards and found this might be useful for someone

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057108359

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

was browsing boards and found this might be useful for someone

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057108359

My post on this thread 2 pages back:
    DaLad wrote: »
    I wouldn't recommend it but if anyone feels like paying €550 for a PS4 then CeX have plenty lol

zAJaJGi.png

Nobody seems interested in paying the extra lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Anyone in Limerick or can collect in Limerick, please PM me, especially if I know you on boards.

Cost price PS4 and Knack - 440. Snapped one up for a boardsie that needs it. I was going to post it on adverts, but I don't know if a person with 0 feedback might buy it to sell it on.

Neo2010 gets it - delighted...he has helped many get theirs so it's only fair :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BobbieBerto

Ken Blacks in Kilkenny have some in stock, anyone know of any in Waterford?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement