Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Just trying to find out exactly where this Power city is, is it the one in Fonthill retail park in Lucan?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭iMark

Hate to ask but if anyone really does get to Fonthill at 5 or 6 can they post regular updates of the queue, please. :o

I will be there at that time, will update on what it is like.

Power city on Facebook replying to some comments, they say a lot of people are enquiring about what time they should go in for.

Oh and they also have confirmed they have a queue system in operation for the morning.

Just trying to find out exactly where this Power city is, is it the one in Fonthill retail park in Lucan?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mau_52

Hate to ask but if anyone really does get to Fonthill at 5 or 6 can they post regular updates of the queue, please. :o

Will do! If there are more than 100 people at 5:00, I give up and get one in UK or US somehow before Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Kennym_27

Gonna try craigavon tonight. 40 minute drive!

What time you headed over? Gonna try asda strabane myself.. no idea what time to head for though!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

Kennym_27 wrote: »
    What time you headed over? Gonna try asda strabane myself.. no idea what time to head for though!

Could be 10.30 before I'm there. Just chancing my arm to be honest. Not much talk about craigavon tesco on twitter so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Odd place...but Brown Thomas of all places were taking pre orders. Might be worth giving them a bell to see if they have general stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Also...I dont know why I'm here.

I said I wouldn't buy until February/March so that any launch issues would be resolved and better bundles would be out..

Getting the itch now....

Could be 10.30 before I'm there. Just chancing my arm to be honest. Not much talk about craigavon tesco on twitter so fingers crossed.

Say I could be around the same time myself. Wouldnt take much notice of twitter personally though lol Im not pinning my hopes on getting one but would be nice to soften the hour drive back... lol Just hope they have a decent enough supply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

Kennym_27 wrote: »
    Say I could be around the same time myself. Wouldnt take much notice of twitter personally though lol Im not pinning my hopes on getting one but would be nice to soften the hour drive back... lol Just hope they have a decent enough supply

Word is that tesco and Asda got extra stock in the uk. There's probably a better chance of getting one up north imo.

Argos Dundalk will have 4 and tesco extra in drogheda will have limited stock from 8am.

Also i mention twitter coz I'm checking to see if any wee scrotes are already tweeting saying they're queuing :D

Seems to be loads queuing in England and a good few in Belfast.

Getting the itch here, Im restless now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

If I was going to queue and had no other option, I'd happily wait 4+ hours. A 4 hour wait is nothing compared to the weeks it might take for supplies to meet demand.

I think supply should be alright. They're doing a second batch in north america next week that's apparently as big as, if not bigger than, the first one. So based on that timing, there'll likely be another big European batch in a fortnight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Just confirmed by friend who works in Tesco Clearwater. They got 20 consoles this evening & staff have purchased 17, so they have 3 to sell in the morning at 8am.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just a heads up to anyone planning to head to Asda,their Black Friday sale starts in the morning also,pick up a 32" LED tv for £99.

Word is that tesco and Asda got extra stock in the uk. There's probably a better chance of getting one up north imo.

Argos Dundalk will have 4 and tesco extra in drogheda will have limited stock from 8am.

Also i mention twitter coz I'm checking to see if any wee scrotes are already tweeting saying they're queuing :D

Seems to be loads queuing in England and a good few in Belfast.

Hopefully! Aye I know what you mean lol Dunno why but get the feeling when I land there'll be a decent enough sized queue, possibly could be mistaken for the dole queue as well haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Just confirmed by friend who works in Tesco Clearwater. They got 20 consoles this evening & staff have purchased 17, so they have 3 to sell in the morning at 8am.

How did staff purchase them is that not against the rules, hope I catch the one who told me no stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 BolaGaming

Tesco would be the best best but dont be hoping to get it as everone else will be in tesco...

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kucyk

:D

JamboMac wrote: »
    How did staff purchase them is that not against the rules, hope I catch the one who told me no stock.

Obviously staff have put them by for themselves & leaving 3 for sale means that at least the store has something to sell in the morning.

Frustrating, as I was hoping i would get one in Clearwater but not now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kucyk

keep-calm-and-don-t-feed-the-troll-22.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP

Got to do something until midnight when the hunt begins. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

What time you guys think I should go tesco If theres 15 in my store ?

Might get the parents to do Black Friday and bring it back from the states less stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Cwarim

Switching tactics from Tesco Clearwater (hope I can trust the guy saying there's only 3 left - if that's true there's no chance) to DID in Fonthill.

Anyone have any directions to that shop? If I go early I'll try to post an update on the queue from my phone if possible.

Cwarim wrote: »
    Switching tactics from Tesco Clearwater (hope I can trust the guy saying there's only 3 left - if that's true there's no chance) to DID in Fonthill.

Anyone have any directions to that shop? If I go early I'll try to post an update on the queue from my phone if possible.

It's power city not did.

brijay wrote: »
    What time you guys think I should go tesco If theres 15 in my store ?

Hard to say, thats when the guessing game comes into play and you just have to hope when you arrive you have won the race. I am just going with the time that is reasonable for me to queue up from to be honest. I am happy to queue up for several hours, some people may not be. If you want to be as safe as possible head out as soon as possible.

Its close to liffey valley. Take the turn off for liffey valley and its just past there I think.

I ain't lying I'm just as disappointed, as with only 3 I've no hope of getting one in the morning. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I think Powercity is in this unit in Fonthill, if not then it's in the one next door. http://goo.gl/maps/RuhYp

I remember getting an iPad in there once when it was sold out everywhere else, so you could be lucky :pac::pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement