Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I posted a code for a Killzone bundle for Galway earlier.
    Looks like it's still available as I just got a text from argos reminding me that it is available until 9pm tonight.

If someone wants to chance it, otherwise it goes back into the pot.

Gone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Wanna hear a good one lads?

So I buy a console for a boardsies and neo2010 PMs to take it. I told him no problem just make sure you're definitely taking it.

Brilliant. Good deed done. So we arrange to meet at 5 pm. I hang around all day long and a few minutes before we meet he tells me he went out and bought one.

So **** this. I'm out of here. Good deed my arse.

Rant1 wrote: »
    Sorry, went to Neo2010

Are you kidding me??? So he PMed you around 2 pm to take yours and left me hanging till 5 without saying a word?

I have to say its been a long time since I've been so disappointed with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Are you kidding me??? So he PMed you around 2 pm to take yours and left me hanging till 5 without saying a word?

I have to say its been a long time since I've been so disappointed with someone.

I can only imagine your rage at this.

When I spoke to Smyths earlier today I considered just heading over and buying one or two and then offer them to people here at the same price I bought them for, just the same as you, to be nice. Thankfully my phone went and I was on it for ages and then decided against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭chefwes

Hya a myths Liffey valley have ps4 in stock was in there earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

Wanna hear a good one lads?

So I buy a console for a boardsies and neo2010 PMs to take it. I told him no problem just make sure you're definitely taking it.

Brilliant. Good deed done. So we arrange to meet at 5 pm. I hang around all day long and a few minutes before we meet he tells me he went out and bought one.

So **** this. I'm out of here. Good deed my arse.

If it's in imerick I'd be happy to take it off you future guy pm me if interested..

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Macky77

Does any one know if you can trade in a killzone shadowfall that says:
    "NOT TO BE SOLD SEPARATELY" ?

Macky77 wrote: »

It has been done, few people have posted here.
    Some stores may refuse though.

I can only imagine your rage at this.

When I spoke to Smyths earlier today I considered just heading over and buying one or two and then offer them to people here at the same price I bought them for, just the same as you, to be nice. Thankfully my phone went and I was on it for ages and then decided against it.

He told me was at work today. His brother then called me to say he was up stairs and not working. Neo then said he was working. Then how did the brother get my number if they didn't contact each other?

I knew it was suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

He told me was at work today. His brother then called me to say he was up stairs and not working. Neo then said he was working. Then how did the brother get my number if they didn't contact each other?

I knew it was suspicious.

I reckon he spent all day getting codes from Argos! Hopefully someone will take it off your hands, although that doesn't get your wasted time back.

Whenever I buy stuff from Adverts.ie, Im so extra careful to make sure I'm always where I say I will be, just because I know how annoying it is to be left hanging around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 niallmaher

Small question before my Amazon order arrives.

Can I use the UK plug thats supplied with it or will I have to use my current PS3 one?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭jessie_pinkman

niallmaher wrote: »
    Small question before my Amazon order arrives.

Can I use the UK plug thats supplied with it or will I have to use my current PS3 one?

both are the same 3 with 3 pins

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

Hi guys

If anyone has an argos code near Galway or Athlone.

It would be great. Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 niallmaher

both are the same 3 with 3 pins

Cool. So no fear of it randomly catching fire then. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Macky77 wrote: »

Git €45 store credit in smyths for it yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Have an Argos reservation for Tullamore Store. Killzone bundle, drop me pm if interested.

Code gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,684 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Grabbed mine from Cork today thanks to Disco Girl :)

Have a friend looking for a PS4 so if anyone has a code for Argos Killarney or know where you can get one in Killarney can you let me know please :)

Have a killzone bundle reservation for Dundalk - PM if interested.
    Reserved until tomorrow.

Gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Think I may have been let down by Argos getting it in time for xmas. Anyone have a code for Galway, would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

yyyyyeeeeeeessssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!! finally, i got it.

i just happened to go into argos in omni yesterday evening to chance my arm, they had none but the girl checked for me and said they were due to get one in today. i asked could i reserve, i did same and collected today. had to fly in and get the girl a box of sweets for her efforts shes made my boys' christmas and therefore mine.

thanks to all the people on here who are selflessly searching for others even after receiving their own, particularly disco girl and irish irish. i will carry on searching myself and try to help anyone else i can to get theirs as i know how much it will mean to my own kids on christmas day.

p.s. irish irish had been helping me to get one as he was expecting two from a double order i have informed him that i managed to get one today so maybe a pm in his direction might prove fruitful. best of luck people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

I have a code for Longford if anyone wants it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Got my ps4 in cork today thanks to people here.

Very much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Rossie4ever

Disco girl any chance you still have that code for Longford??

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Duffman K

Just got one in Smyths in Blanchardstown shopping centre, I think there are about 10 left if it is any help to anyone :pac:

disco girl wrote: »
    I have a code for Longford if anyone wants it :D

Code is gone

Disco girl any chance you still have that code for Longford??

Sorry it's gone..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

If anybody knows of any in Dublin please let me know!

muboop1 wrote: »
    If anybody knows of any in Dublin please let me know!

Duffman got one in Smyths in Blanchardstown not long ago...that any use to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

Might help anyone in or willing to travel to Limerick -

Was in Cash Encounters yesterday(Roches Street), and the lad there said they are expecting one or two PS4's in the next few days.

He also said that their shop in Cork had one traded in on release day!

Merry Christmas to yiz all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Rossie4ever

Hi guys
    If anyone knows of any bundle deals for Sligo/Longford I would be grateful if you could let me know. Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement