Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Mbitter

Any chances for a code for Galway or Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

SamAK wrote: »
    Yep, but I imagine that Sony will be quick to sort it out...Awful publicity for a launch console to have hardware issues!

To be fair this seems to be par for the course for consoles these days , I suppose the complexity of the hardware has something to do with it .

While it sucks things break it all depends on how the fix it , they seem from what i can tell be prompt about it which is good .

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

Omeceron wrote: »
    Have a code for Carlow. Expires tonight.

I see argos have stopped letting people reserve them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

liger wrote: »

Probably because people getting the codes and doing **** all with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭PMC83

I wonder when the next wave will hit the shops?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

PMC83 wrote: »
    I wonder when the next wave will hit the shops?

Word from the shops saying it will be around the 10th - 15th and after.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

I currently have these games for Xbox One:
    AC: BF, BF4, NFS Rivals, FIFA 14, Cod Ghosts, Forza 5 and Dead Rising 3.

There's no real reason to get a PS4 right now is there?
    Might as well wait until there is more stock and more games come out. Maybe even a price drop, but I regally doubt that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

There's no real reason to get a PS4 right now is there?
    Might as well wait until there is more stock and more games come out. Maybe even a price drop, but I regally doubt that.

There won't be a price cut in the foreseeable future.

But you're missing out on Resogun and War Thunder, my two most played(and free) games on the PS4.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

been playing a bit of Blacknight Retribution on the ps4, it's a good game since it's totally free and would give some full price games a run for their money, im not sure if that game is available on xbox one tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

liger wrote: »
    0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Probably because people getting the codes and doing **** all with them

Talking to one of my mates that work in Argos and they stopped it as people were reserving as soon as they went live and then not collecting them and same people reserving multiples across stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Lads,

Got the surprise of my life after me looking and searching for weeks like mad with no pre order. The missus has one sitting under the tree for me Xmas morning nearly ****in died. She walks straight into gamestop Navan on the 23rd and buys one like it was a can of coke. She simple asked had they any he said yes, "With or without a game"......mental.

Killzone bundle, says to me she does not know what all the fuss is about.....could not believe it I tells ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 R1AN

You are one lucky individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

From the posts on here still it seems so, can't believe it tbh. Don't know if someone made a BIG error and I got a reserved unit but he did say with or without a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Lads,

Got the surprise of my life after me looking and searching for weeks like mad with no pre order. The missus has one sitting under the tree for me Xmas morning nearly ****in died. She walks straight into gamestop Navan on the 23rd and buys one like it was a can of coke. She simple asked had they any he said yes, "With or without a game"......mental.

Killzone bundle, says to me she does not know what all the fuss is about.....could not believe it I tells ya.
    Not so rare was in GameStop new bridge and they were on free sale. One of the lads was trying to see if I was interested but had on already.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sjlc

Was in GameStop Swords earlier chancing my arm and they didn't have them.. seems they're the only GS without them on free sale :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Word from the shops saying it will be around the 10th - 15th and after.

That's a last date of delivery. In reality we can expect them end if week 1 January, early week 2.

My guess is most shops will have them by the 6th.

sjlc wrote: »
    Was in GameStop Swords earlier chancing my arm and they didn't have them.. seems they're the only GS without them on free sale :(

is there any GS shops in Dublin with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sjlc

PMC83 wrote: »
    is there any GS shops in Dublin with them?

I know that Blanch had a fair few. Might be gone now though

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Anyone know any shops in Cork with them? Gamestop Midleton are out anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Any in the west?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Shanew14

Anyone know any availability in and around meath? can travel! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Shanew14 wrote: »
    Anyone know any availability in and around meath? can travel! Thanks :)

Cavan had some on Freesale last week,

Cavan had some on Freesale last week,

Gamestop?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 clairebear

Just got ps4 kill zone bundle in Harvey Norman Carrickmines - can now sleep peacefully at long last...what relief......

Bought around 5pm today , there was one more, and one or two knack bundles for those of you still at large...

Also earlier today checked Smyths jervis st - none, Smyths Carrickmines - none, Argos jervis st, none. And Gamestop both Liffey street and Dun Laoghaire, branches - none

But HN was a bingo for 440 euros....
    Hope somebody sees this and gets a console to play with before the weekend is out.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Lads i got a PS4 on the 27th in an Argos Branch. I'd chance my arm if I was someone who really wants one and always check in store. I could even pick the bundle I wanted. Knack or Killzone was both available.

Some Console. I Love it to bits. Love the experience playing Fifa.

If anyone hears of stock anywhere please let me know :)

None in argos nutgrove or harvey normans nutgrove or harvery norman carrickmines.

From what I hear the ones popping up are pre orders that were not picked up.

stick-dan wrote: »
    Lads i got a PS4 on the 27th in an Argos Branch. I'd chance my arm if I was someone who really wants one and always check in store. I could even pick the bundle I wanted. Knack or Killzone was both available.

Some Console. I Love it to bits. Love the experience playing Fifa.

which branch?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 969 ✭✭✭JacquesDeLad

What would the standard monthly depreciation on a games console be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

What would the standard monthly depreciation on a games console be?

If you mean a new one, do not expect its price to drop for at least another year, but really you're looking at two years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement