Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭iMark

Arciphel wrote: »
    I think Powercity is in this unit in Fonthill, if not then it's in the one next door. http://goo.gl/maps/RuhYp

I remember getting an iPad in there once when it was sold out everywhere else, so you could be lucky :pac::pac::pac:

Yep, that's the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I think Powercity is in this unit in Fonthill, if not then it's in the one next door. http://goo.gl/maps/RuhYp

I remember getting an iPad in there once when it was sold out everywhere else, so you could be lucky :pac::pac::pac:

Well it looks like if you are willing to queue you will 100% get one!

image_staticid?id=3851

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Doudos

Anyone know whether Xtravision on Headford road in Galway or Gamestop in Eyre Square are going to have any available without a preorder?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Stop posting that Power City ad, nothing to see here folks they're all already gone, don't bother to queue at 6 am.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Spotted an ad for PS4, seems like some branches of Expert will have them.

http://www.expert.ie/content/Our-Stores/990

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Does the KillZone bundle just include the game? I assume a second controller isn't involved?

there are two killzone bundles, one with only the game for €439.99 or one with the game, an extra pad and the camera for €499.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I might chance one of the Tesco's in Cork there tomorrow morning there before work, not sure about whether to try Wilton or Douglas, no time to do both.

I'm not even that pushed about picking one up tomorrow but I wouldn't say no! :D. TBH, I can only assume that any sort of half "switched-on" buyer would have no trouble picking up one of these before xmas if they keep up the monitoring of the situation on this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

Is there any FIFA bundle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

zerks wrote: »
    Spotted an ad for PS4, seems like some branches of Expert will have them.

http://www.expert.ie/content/Our-Stores/990
    Was in the one in Wexford the other day, and he was telling me they will only have the Knack Bundle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭happytramp

Days 298 wrote: »
    I want a picture with a piece if paper on it with "boards.ie" on it or you are a troll.

I was in there this evening they had no idea how many or when they'd get them in. They expect them late tonight.....

Both Wilton and Douglas can't sell them until 8am

Don't bother, it's a child who keeps making new accounts after they get banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Does anybody know whether if you got a us version would you have to buy American games only and is there a power difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Was in the one in Wexford the other day, and he was telling me they will only have the Knack Bundle.

Do you know how much it was and how many there getting in ?

Slipshaney wrote: »
    Is there any FIFA bundle?

No, you may be able to get it at a discount in Argos but no there is no official FIFA bundle, only KNACK and Killzone afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Id say if you don't get one tomorrow donedeal for €600 is your only option to get one before xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

Doudos wrote: »
    Anyone know whether Xtravision on Headford road in Galway or Gamestop in Eyre Square are going to have any available without a preorder?

xtra-vision wont. gamestop doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Cwarim

JamboMac wrote: »
    It's power city not did.

Jesus Christ, cheers! My head is spinning from all these threads etc, that would have been some mistake.

And I was only on their bloody website earlier, so I should have known well. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

2 hours to go :D chilly enough in the queue so.

Gonna take a walk down to tesco in Maynooth, heres hoping they are on sale a 12:01 tonight. Damn my lust for next gen, damn it I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Gonna take a walk down to tesco in Maynooth, heres hoping they are on sale a 12:01 tonight. Damn my lust for next gen, damn it I say.

Tempeted to drive over there too Bandit, keep the walkie talkies on and tell me whats going down over there ;)

• Advertisement

Tempeted to drive over there too Bandit, keep the walkie talkies on and tell me whats going down over there ;)

Lucky for you I have all you can eat data from three(note this post is in no way a shill for the three Ireland network) ;)

cloud493 wrote: »
    2 hours to go :D chilly enough in the queue so.

Where are you queuing? Many others there? Give us some info man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭davkel

Its not region locked so most of the games wll work the issue is with the power and the warranty. I'm heading to new york for a week in the morning and was thinking about getting one but too many risks involved i'd rather be able to bring it back if something went wrong. I might get a couple of games when i'm over there though as they're cheaper.
    Also as i wont be able to get one in the morning i've pre-ordered on amazon, from reading various sources online there will be enough to cover the orders before christmas and that's really when i want it for, my plan was to buy it hand it to my wife and then wake up to it on christmas morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

This whole " not able to get one is weird " Yep, I did per order one in gamestop in early September , was told it was unlikely I would get on before Christmas.

Tonight I received a call from Gamestop telling me that they had the killzone bundle available tomorrow If I wanted it !

I have been checking with them on a regular basis since September, only to be told that there was no way in hell I would get this even with pre order, and now this.

The gamestop is the one in Stephens Green.

I am beginning to wonder if this whole " You'll never get your hand on one this side of xmas , is a myth ".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Northside Dublin ;) bout 60 people now, think a few people are chancing their arm to see if they'll get one with no pre order.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Northside Dublin ;) bout 60 people now, think a few people are chancing their arm to see if they'll get one with no pre order.

Which shop? Let us know how it unfolds. Not getting one till the morning but i'm going to follow it on here tonight.

Anyone else queuing?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭david-d

MadYaker wrote: »
    Why did you open it and play it if its for your kids? I call shenanigans on this.

seconded

david-d wrote: »
    seconded

That settles it everyone grab your brooms.

Off I go to get a PS4 to hook up to my laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

Don't forget to download the 1.51 update from here and install it via usb. It could be a long wait to download it tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 robrieguez

Any update on the queuing situation at fonthill?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement