Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 969 ✭✭✭JacquesDeLad

Xenji wrote: »
    If you mean a new one, do not expect its price to drop for at least another year, but really you're looking at two years.

So how do people sell unwanted used ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

So how do people sell unwanted used ones?

If you have a PS4 then you'd probably still get face value for it if you sell it on.Do it soon though before stocks in stores become replenished and easier to get in stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭PMC83

adverts.ie

zerks wrote: »
    If you have a PS4 then you'd probably still get face value for it if you sell it on.Do it soon though before stocks in stores become replenished and easier to get in stores.

Who pays retail price for a used good?

Hmm.. I think you're presuming it's being made in limited numbers. Eventually supply will outstrip demand, in a few days probably, after that there will be PS4s in hands that do not want them.

How much less than retail price will they be?

What was the PS3 drop for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Shanew14

PMC83 wrote: »
    None in argos nutgrove or harvey normans nutgrove or harvery norman carrickmines.

From what I hear the ones popping up are pre orders that were not picked up.
    Ah ok thanks for the info! Getting super frustrated now

• Advertisement

Who pays retail price for a used good?

Hmm.. I think you're presuming it's being made in limited numbers. Eventually supply will outstrip demand, in a few days probably, after that there will be PS4s in hands that do not want them.

How much less than retail price will they be?

What was the PS3 drop for example?

Quick question,I assume you have a PS4 that you are willing to sell? Is there any reason why you are selling it? As you can see by this thread,they are still pretty scarce so if you do want to sell one I'm sure there's a few here who'd be more than happy to take it off your hands.

The cynic in me wonders if you are one of those who managed to pick one up with the aim of flogging it for a vastly inflated price but found themselves stuck with it.

I'm not interested enough to create a new thread but is there a market in PS4 futures?

Can I buy or sell PS4s to Zerks in anticipation of price fluctuations?

It would be a first that I know of.

I'm not interested enough to create a new thread but is there a market in PS4 futures?

Going by PS3 prices,they will stay as they are for about 2 years and as Sony redesign it & cut costs in manufacturing then you'll see a price drop,a quick google will give you a timeline in price changes for PS3.It took 8 years for the price to come down to what it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Shanew14 wrote: »
    Gamestop?

Sorry yep GameStop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

if you pay €400 for one you will get €300 tops once shes open and available in all shops.

If you plan to try buy and sell at a profit, your a horrible cúnt and i hope you die

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    If you plan to try buy and sell at a profit, your a horrible cúnt and i hope you die

:D for a little while you are going to be my favourite person on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

James74 wrote: »
    :D for a little while you are going to be my favourite person on boards.

thought that comment was a bit ott myself......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

jenjenten wrote: »
    thought that comment was a bit ott myself......:(

I'll take a ban i don't mind

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

I'm not really that bothered about the buying or selling but I do think it's the height of fukwittery to ask about profiteering on the shortage of PS4s in what is essentially a thread full of people who either have had, or are having a tough time sourcing a PS4.

However I do appreciate a bit of beautifully direct swearing and the phrase "your a horrible cúnt and i hope you die" should be applauded.
    Anyway, OT so back to where to get a PS4....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

I'll take a ban i don't mind

Round of applause you deserve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 pocgoc

if you pay €400 for one you will get €300 tops once shes open and available in all shops.

Here here....

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Shanew14

If you plan to try buy and sell at a profit, your a horrible cúnt and i hope you die[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Anshua

My husband got one in Ken black. Didnt pre order too. The lady said they still have couple more left.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

late contender for post of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

try harvey normans, i called them a few days ago.. got back saying they had 1 killzone in stock,€440 ask them to hold it- arrived in there and realised that killzone is as a download not a disc, not really my cup of tea!!!
    let the lad know this!!
    guy came back with a solo for me€399....sweet
    no fifa on shelf, guy went out back....Fifa€64.99...Sweeter

waiting for room to be redecorated before i immerse myself.....Bitter

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

phobia2011 wrote: »
    try harvey normans, i called them a few days ago.. got back saying they had 1 killzone in stock,€440 ask them to hold it- arrived in there and realised that killzone is as a download not a disc, not really my cup of tea!!!
    let the lad know this!!

Killzone isn't a download, it's a physical disk. As the same thing happened to me and others, either they were sent consoles without disks, or took them out themselves.......;)

Anshua wrote: »
    My husband got one in Ken black. Didnt pre order too. The lady said they still have couple more left.
    hi which Ken Black store?

phobia2011 wrote: »
    let the lad know this!!

Which Harvey Normans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

waterford

regarding killzone, disc or not..happier without.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The last few pages have been a great laugh, mine has not been used in nearly a month, not much fun you can get out of a console with no launch titles you want to play, thank god for Res0gun and getting your Killzone Bundle for just €90 by manipulating Gamestops trade in deals. Honestly though people profiteering their consoles sickens me, god for the price I got mine I was looking at nearly a €400 quid profit, but not a hope I would sell it, do not pry on peoples misery who did not get the console, your happiness at getting a good profit is nothing compared to the joy a kid who really wanted the console would get, a futures market in the PS4, that is delusion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

The last few pages have been a great laugh, mine has not been used in nearly a month, not much fun you can get out of a console with no launch titles you want to play, thank god for Res0gun and getting your Killzone Bundle for just €90 by manipulating Gamestops trade in deals. Honestly though people profiteering their consoles sickens me, god for the price I got mine I was looking at nearly a €400 quid profit, but not a hope I would sell it, do not pry on peoples misery who did not get the console, your happiness at getting a good profit is nothing compared to the joy a kid who really wanted the console would get, a futures market in the PS4, that is delusion.
    How did you manipulate it? Like gta v where you could get it for 20 by buying 2 cheap games for a tenner each that were on the IGC ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

innthe wrote: »
    How did you manipulate it? Like gta v where you could get it for 20 by buying 2 cheap games for a tenner each that were on the IGC ?

Back in March when they had the trade in 5 games for €90 deal or get a new game if you trade in two from the list plus €10, was simple, made nearly €500 on it, must of got 4 copies each of DMC and MGS Revengeance and got €45 each time I traded them in the next day. The games I was trading in I spent no more than €10 online either, they were all used form Ebay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

Back in March when they had the trade in 5 games for €90 deal or get a new game if you trade in two from the list plus €10, was simple, made nearly €500 on it, must of got 4 copies each of DMC and MGS Revengeance and got €45 each time I traded them in the next day. The games I was trading in I spent no more than €10 online either, they were all used form Ebay.

Very clever, Gamestop can make some stupid decisions on what games to put on that list

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Any news of stock for Dublin area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭PMC83

Just saw game stop comment on their facebook that it would be 'a long time' before they got more in. I was told something similar in Harvey Normans yesterday.

To be honest I think the shops are at the mercy of sony at this stage, and really have no idea when they will get more in

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement