Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

Nothing on Argos.ie yet, what? Are they gonna update it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DerekBlanch

Argos is a joke! Get yourselves down to Fonthill lads and bring yer Vita's! lol

Argos is a joke! Get yourselves down to Fonthill lads and bring yer Vita's! lol

which shop in fonthill

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭david-d

which shop in fonthill

http://www.powercity.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Try John Lewis on line and parcel motel

• Advertisement

david-d wrote: »

are there people there? might try and get down in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Argos stock = null according to => http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=1222540

Tesco extras will have a couple but that's mediocre at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭kittyclaws

Heading to foothill to queue wit my boyfriend at 4am. ill update then :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Too late, now out of stock - the website was jammed and timed out...

thebiglad wrote: »
    Too late, now out of stock - the website was jammed and timed out...

This argos? it said "Cannot be reserved for store pick-up" for me after reloading loads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭david-d

are there people there? might try and get down in the morning

yes ppl tlking about it on last page/ page before

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Lads my da is a legend!! I'm in work tomorrow so can't make fonthill, my da tells me he's going for petrol, he text me saying he's now outside Powercity in Fonthill and text me saying there's 20 people there already!!! Can anyone at Smyths confirm this or is he just taking the biscuit???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Email I received from Argos this evening :
    "Thank you for your email regarding the stock availability of the Playstation 4 console.

I am pleased to confirm that we have 18k units being distributed between all of our stores for general sale. They will be available to reserve from 12.01am tonight, Thursday 28th November 2013. The remaining stock will be sold on a first come first serve basis within store."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Dont+feed+the+trolls+.+Comment+thumb+boobs_79b75d_3330871.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭iMark

Couldn't help myself, I have the day off tomorrow. Here at power city, 12 people here so far including myself. Will keep you all updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 GosuZandatsu

I have a good feeling about Argos. I'm going to hit Argos in the morning and see what happens.
    This is an Email I received from them yesterday after enquiring about free stock on the release day.

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email regarding the Playstation 4 for purchase.

I can confirm that there will be stock in store on the release date. But in store, the stock will be first come first serve. We cannot guarantee there will be stock left all day. I hope this helps.

If you need any further assistance simply reply to this email or call us on 0845 640 2020 and we will be happy to help.

Regards,

Raymond Linger
    Argos Direct E-Commerce Customer Service Team."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Lads my da is a legend!! I'm in work tomorrow so can't make fonthill, my da tells me he's going for petrol, he text me saying he's now outside Powercity in Fonthill and text me saying there's 20 people there already!!! Can anyone at Smyths confirm this or is he just taking the biscuit???

Jaysus it sounds like there's a lot of very early queuing going on, might just have to wait. Not arsed queuing that early

Email I received from Argos this evening :

What a load of crap, I've been reloading for a while and still no change. What's up?

What a load of crap, I've been reloading for a while and still no change. What's up?

Same as that

Jaysus it sounds like there's a lot of very early queuing going on, might just have to wait. Not arsed queuing that early

Even if I didn't have work I wouldn't have thought about going that early!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

iMark wrote: »
    Couldn't help myself, I have the day off tomorrow. Here at power city, 12 people here so far including myself. Will keep you all updated.

Hope ya get one man

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DerekBlanch

Jesus hope there is under 40 by 3am :-/ keep us updated if you can thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

first come first serve

Please tell me I'm not the only one who gets angry when people representing companies write that in their correspondence?

Jesus hope there is under 40 by 3am :-/ keep us updated if you can thanks

Hitting the hay now but if I wake up in the night at any point I'll text him and update this thread, hope ye get one man.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Chief_Jack

I checked Littlewoods.ie chancing my arm after seeing no one has mentioned it, they're absolute robbing bastards is all they are! They're charging 489 for the Killzone bundle, essentially charging 90 euro for the game. The thing that annoyed me most though was that they have it advertised that this 489 is actually down from 549!!

/endRant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Since I'm work dodging at the moment, I'm going to reserve a PS4 on Argos if the opportunity arises, and I'll pass the pre-order on to someone who needs it on here to save them waiting up til stupid o'clock(only 730pm where I am)

COYVB wrote: »
    Since I'm work dodging at the moment, I'm going to reserve a PS4 on Argos if the opportunity arises, and I'll pass the pre-order on to someone who needs it on here to save them waiting up til stupid o'clock(only 730pm where I am)

Pm'd!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

Please do that for me mate...would be fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

Chief_Jack wrote: »
    I checked Littlewoods.ie chancing my arm after seeing no one has mentioned it, they're absolute robbing bastards is all they are! They're charging 489 for the Killzone bundle, essentially charging 90 euro for the game. The thing that annoyed me most though was that they have it advertised that this 489 is actually down from 549!!

/endRant

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/playstation-4-console-with-killzone-shadow-fall/1279093323.prd?browseToken=%2fq%2fplaystation+4

"Pre-order for delivery on 28/02/2014"
    Doesn't look promising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

Pm sent

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement