Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

iMark wrote: »
    It's growing steadily enough at the moment. Just over 20 of us now.

wonder how many are from boards :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

lol, i will be up all night by the looks of it, you should be making me the tea cobraeire.

I don't know how reliable this is -> http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=1222540

But it seems to list stock items, whether the store needs to be open for it to work is another matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DerekBlanch

Wonder how many of them are getting the Killzone bundle. (More than likely all of them)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

BordorFox wrote: »
    lol, i will be up all night by the looks of it, you should be making me the tea cobraeire.

I don't know how reliable this is -> http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=1222540

But it seems to list stock items, whether the store needs to be open for it to work is another matter.

I'd say so. I reckon Argos' web staff are at home in bed like rational individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

people waiting outside powercity already holy jaysus thats gonna be a long night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭goodjay

just back from tesco wexford tickets were handed out at 12.30.........i got number 8 was 2 girls behinde me...that means their 5 left

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Fair play to Tesco in Wexford.

they said to bring ticket back at 7 and collect ps4.....also they all come with a game eather knac or killzone.....so happy right now

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

Get the feeling i'm going to be dreaming about "Home delivery not available, Cannot be reserved for store pick-up" tonight :).

How soon before we see a Argos PS4 reservation for sale on adverts.ie?

• Advertisement

Any pictures of people queing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

If it hasn't changed by 1.15 I'm going to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 GosuZandatsu

7c9b03d033a74176fd88bd99864ab7d728a3e3502ed83f1f848348ef6d1afd8f.jpg
    Everyone queing up for a PS4, right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭petiha

DSCF0009.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3 G.disarray

I'm new, not even from Ireland aha but have been following this thread since like 11 so figured I would join in the fun as I too shall be up all night by the looks of things because of Argos 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Ideally, you wanna see this page :

zCIyGgi.jpg

if anyone is anywhere near close to wexford get down their now...its tesco extra but closes at 12...if the security guy sees u at door he will give u ticket...their should still be at least 5 left

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

goodjay wrote: »
    if anyone is anywhere near close to wexford get down their now...its tesco extra but closes at 12...if the security guy sees u at door he will give u ticket...their should still be at least 5 left

Do they sell bundles or just the console on its own

^^^^I tried clicking on your refresh button.

No joy.

I'd say Argos won't have reservation up on the website. It would make no sense for them, as people would just go in in the morning, collect the PS4 then leave. This way people will queue, and those who don't get the PS4 might buy something else while they are there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

Any pics at fonthill? Drove past earlier, didn't see anyone around.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

petiha wrote: »
    I'd say Argos won't have reservation up on the website. It would make no sense for them, as people would just go in in the morning, collect the PS4 then leave home. This way people will queue, and those who don't get the PS4 might buy something else while they are there...

I don't think it's the kind of shop for a 'milk and bread' down the back trick. They're pretty bare, besides batteries and jewellery. Not many people will go in for a PS4 and leave with a toaster.

brijay wrote: »
    Do they sell bundles or just the console on its own
    just bundles...knac or killzone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

One of my mates got a ticket in tesco in wexford as well.

boreder wrote: »
    I don't think it's the kind of shop for a 'milk and bread' down the back trick. They're pretty bare, besides batteries and jewellery. Not many people will go in for a PS4 and leave with a toaster.

Website says otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I don't think argos will have the reservation option for them as they will sell them tomorrow anyways, or else all the staff really did have first dibs on them all. :P

an employe was in the que at wexford tesco,she said their was no way employes were allowed at the stock..they had to finish work and get in the que

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kucyk

I am tempted to go to Power City but Jesus 8h queuing scares me a lot. I used to queue in Belfast for i devices, but it was 3-4hours max, not 8 ...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the Argos UK website clearly states that the console is available for pickup at their stores but that no online ordering or reserving is available at the moment so my guess is that refreshing the argos webpage is a waste of time, only chance is to be q outside their stores from very early in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

The argos site is terrible anyways.

Keeps throwing these errors.

2LC5er6.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement