Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rage00Big

Caoimhin wrote: »
    Got one in Dundrum, good few there ****in yes

Were they open for the launch? I thought they weren't 24 hours anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Judging by the stickers on the boxes this was HMV rather than Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Caoimhin

Rage00Big wrote: »
    Were they open for the launch? I thought they weren't 24 hours anymore.

Opened at 12,the store got 66 consoles and there was no queue really

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Lads you are all crazy, but best of luck to each and all, I was in and out of Gamestop in 2 minutes with my mega pack, thats what you get for pre ordering 9 months ago, but you guys willing to queue are the hardcore.

Hmmm...I really want to know if they have more stock. Seems like he just walked in and got one. I could be down there in about 20 mins.

• Advertisement

Sorry forgot to mention HMV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

I disagree. Paddy's have been better supplied than anyone else in Europe. There where queues a mile long all around Europe since yesterday for the PS4 . Anybody on this forum would have got a PS4 if they had reallly tried over the last week to secure one...and there are still some out there to be had.

Thank You Sony ...thats what I think.

Like buying them from outside Ireland?

You think power city getting 91 and some Tesco extra stores getting 10 is well stocked?

Gamestop did get a big allocation but for all pre-orders only, same with Smyths, and others, but for non pre-orders, the allocation has been abismal.

Opened at 12,the store got 66 consoles and there was no queue really

You reckon if I went down now they might still have some? Or do you think the store closed after an hour or two?

Rage00Big wrote: »
    Ya reckon if I went down now they might still have some? Or do ya think the store closed after an hour or two?

Only opened for an hour my man, seemed very odd that there was no little a queue. Did something go wrong I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jackindebox94

Only opened for an hour my man, seemed very odd that there was no little a queue. Did something go wrong I wonder?

If I was there for 9 ju think I'd have some hope of getting one or how many went in that hour do you think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

I heard no mention of HMV Dundrum so I guess not many people knew to try it. They'll probably have some in the morning by the sounds of things.

Didn't go that far mate, there are usually ways round these things. I've family up north but don't want the Vista!

I hope you did not actually go with them for anything, they are the worst of worst and have been done in by trading standards in the Uk

Lads simply games seem to have them in stock only catch you have to buy Vista!

http://www.simplygames.com/consoles/PS4/

Do not go near them, they have been done in by trading standards in the UK, they said months ago that the were out of launch day stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 GosuZandatsu

No updates on the Argos website =/ this is disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭mbradso2003

Xenji wrote: »
    I hope you did not actually go with them for anything, they are the worst of worst and have been done in by trading standards in the Uk

Didn't mate thanks for heads up might use tesco direct.

Just in HMV dundrum, read tweet earlier confirm only had pre ordered stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The JMC

On the plus side, this Argos deal has to go live at some point, otherwise they couldn't sell them in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭iMark

Yeah they gave the wrong info. I was there yesterday morning and was told they were getting 6 consoles and would not be selling until 6am. That's why I decided to go to fonthill instead. Damn them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

BordorFox wrote: »

You think power city getting 91 and some Tesco extra stores getting 10 is well stocked?

Gamestop did get a big allocation but for all pre-orders only, same with Smyths, and others, but for non pre-orders, the allocation has been abismal.

I disagree. The launch has been mighty. They can not supply the whole world in one go. There is another batch of consoles coming next friday. If you wernt arsed about booking one, then tough titty .

4 THE GAMERS :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

iMark wrote: »
    Yeah they gave the wrong info. I was there yesterday morning and was told they were getting 6 consoles and would not be selling until 6am. That's why I decided to go to fonthill instead. Damn them.
    Many in Fonthill at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭iMark

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Many in Fonthill at the moment?

23 still.

• Advertisement

My Gamestop just got over 60 consoles, most people will not know that outside of the US there were only 1 million or so consoles to do 32 countries up to the end of this year, most of which going to countries which have far higher populations as we do.

I disagree. The launch has been mighty. They can not supply the whole world in one go. There is another batch of consoles coming next friday. If you wernt arsed about booking one, then tough titty .

4 THE GAMERS :rolleyes:

This thread is about consoles users without a pre-order, so your argument is null.

Xenji wrote: »
    My Gamestop just got over 60 consoles, most people will not know that outside of the US there were only 1 million or so consoles to do 32 countries up to the end of this year, most of which going to countries which have far higher populations as we do.

True, but we have a lot of gamers, and a lot of deep pockets it seems too.

http://www.joe.ie/entertainment/video-games/ireland-racks-up-the-most-xbox-one-pre-orders-in-europe-and-the-most-ps4-per-orders-in-the-world/

This thread is about consoles users without a pre-order, so your argument is null.

You should of had the sense to actually pre order, it is not like Sony gave you 9 months to do so, nothing is a given in this day and age and the last 2 Playstation launches have proven that, if you do not get one by this weekend your looking till the next March and that is if the big stores have cleared their pre orders.

How many people seem to not understand the " Per Capita " concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

But...if you where looking at his very thread over the last few days you probably would have a console...if you where really looking for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Can people please not come in here at 2.30am on launch day telling others they should have pre ordered months ago.

Can people please not come in here at 2.30am on launch day telling others they should have pre ordered months ago.

Exactly!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Off to the cot
    hopefully you lads get sorted out
    and maybe see yous online tomorrow

• Advertisement

Why not, you should have, pre ordered if you really wanted one, the amount of people who have turned up in this thread in the last couple of days is crazy, it was all over the web, radio, newspapers and tv that there would be stock shortages, people complaining that they cannot get one at the last minute have no leg to stand on, they have had 9 months to sort one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement