Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The JMC

It's the people whinging about resellers on Adverts that annoys me to be honest. Threatening to report people's adverts because they have an issue with Capitalism and Supply & Demand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Xenji wrote: »
    You should of had the sense to actually pre order, it is not like Sony gave you 9 months to do so, nothing is a given in this day and age and the last 2 Playstation launches have proven that, if you do not get one by this weekend your looking till the next March and that is if the big stores have cleared their pre orders.

Dont you have a PS4? Why arent you playing it instead of telling people in a thread called "Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order" that they should have pre-ordered it. You're contributing nothing.

Personally, until I got into some money 2 weeks ago, I didnt think that I could afford both the Xbox One and PS4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Why not, you should have, pre ordered if you really wanted one, the amount of people who have turned up in this thread in the last couple of days is crazy, it was all over the web, radio, newspapers and tv that there would be stock shortages, people complaining that they cannot get one at the last minute have no leg to stand on, they have had 9 months to sort one.

Because this thread and topic is "Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order "

Not "Why didn't you pre-order"

The JMC wrote: »
    It's the people whinging about resellers on Adverts that annoys me to be honest. Threatening to report people's adverts because they have an issue with Capitalism and Supply & Demand.

I don't mind them making a few bob, but charging over a grand for a console is just madness.

BordorFox wrote: »
    I don't mind them making a few bob, but charging over a grand for a console is just madness.

Just ignore the advert then, no way anybody would pay that price anyway. The smart folks will just wait for the next shipments and just pay RRP anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

I turned up on this thread a few days back and I got sorted thanks to the help of a few
    if i hadnt off id be standing out in the cold at power city now trying my best to get one

Once I was sorted I told other people about other places I had as a back up .

paying it forward and collecting tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 23 tino96

Caoimhin wrote: »
    Got one in Dundrum, good few there ****in yes

Here, I called yesterday and they said they wouldn't be getting any at HMV Dundrum.

What the feck?

How many consoles did they have and how many did they sell, do you reckon?

Going to Dundrum now, what are my chances?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

Does anybody know if Sony does extended warranty thanks

Just ignore the advert then, no way anybody would pay that price anyway. The smart folks will just wait for the next shipments and just pay RRP anyway.

ah definately, just noting a person would show disgust at such prices as would you on any other item severely overpriced.

I checked through adverts.ie earlier briefly, I never openly complained about such ads but i did frown at them, personal choice and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Dont you have a PS4? Why arent you playing it instead of telling people in a thread called "Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order" that they should have pre-ordered it. You're contributing nothing.

Personally, until I got into some money 2 weeks ago, I didnt think that I could afford both the Xbox One and PS4.

I am installing the various games I want at the moment, going all digital and that, oh i have assisted, but people in this thread just wanna see that they can get a console with the least amount of effort and hassle, not really gamers who really want said console when it would of cost you €20 in Gamestop since February, well maybe 50 if you ordered early, that gave you 9 months to put the money away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Because this thread and topic is "Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order "

Not "Why didn't you pre-order"

And by now you should have ordered...or at least have made a bleedin effort :rolleyes:... Get with the programme dude,and stop been so ANGRY :p

rob808 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if Sony does extended warranty thanks
    The Sony PlayStation 4 comes with a standard one (1) year from the original date of purchase Limited Warranty. If the product is determined to be materially defective during the Warranty Period, your sole remedy and SCEA's sole and exclusive liability shall be limited to the repair or replacement of this product with a new or refurbished product at SCEA's option.

To further protect your PlayStation 4 Sony is offering an Extended Warranty for two (2) additional years beyond the standard Limited Warranty. This twenty-four (24) month warranty extension is going to be $49.99 and must be purchased within thirty (30) days from your original PlayStation 4 purchase date.

http://ie.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/Warranty

And by now you should have ordered...or at least have made a bleedin effort :rolleyes:... Get with the programme dude,and stop been so ANGRY :p

I'm not angry, I'm just keeping on topic and not gloating like a child.

If you want to help some of the others who never got the chance to pre-order then go ahead, but at your current capacity, you're helping nobody.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

That not US only?

We have a 2 year warranty anyway being Europe and all.... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I'm not angry, I'm just keeping on topic and not gloating like a child.

If you want to help some of the others who never got the chance to pre-order then go ahead, but at your current capacity, you're helping nobody.

Ermm...Check my posts . I have tried to tell as many ppl on here and Adverts where to look for a launch day console for at least the last month.

I can only do so much.

Ermm...Check my posts . I have tried to tell as many ppl on here and Adverts where to look for a launch day console for at least the last month.

I can only do so much.

Like I said we can give all the helpful information we can, but unless they get a console tomorrow it will all be for nothing, well not all posters, the sane ones understand.

Fieldog wrote: »
    That not US only?

We have a 2 year warranty anyway being Europe and all.... :-)

It is the same warranty, just do not buy it outside of Europe, E.G if you get an American console and it is faulty Sony will not have anything to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 tino96

Lads how many did HMV Dundrum sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MorningGlory94

What's the q like now at Powercity?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭kittyclaws

Currently only 35 ppl queueing outside power city in fonthill. Who needs to pre-order!!!

• Advertisement

I guess everyone fell asleep waiting for Argos. Don't worry, I'll reserve enough for everybody! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

kittyclaws wrote: »
    Currently only 35 ppl queueing outside power city in fonthill. Who needs to pre-order!!!

They may have 91 consoles but only 40 of them are the Kill Zone bundle...may need to get me skates on soon.

I guess everyone fell asleep waiting for Argos. Don't worry, I'll reserve enough for everybody! :D

You are gonna have to stay up awhile then, it is still saying "Cannot be reserved for store pick-up", I know alot of people who would love that to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭iMark

They may have 91 consoles but only 40 of them are the Kill Zone bundle...may need to get me skates on soon.

Yep, if you want the kill zone bundle I wouldn't leave it too much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 B.O Problem

You reckon there's any hope of the reserve option changing?

I doubt it will tonight, but it might closer to opening tomorrow morning.

Not a clue but I'm up all night anyway so might as well check the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭iMark

Feeling the cold now. Temperature definitely feels like it's dropping. Looks like are around almost around 40 or so here now at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭seany212121

iMark wrote: »
    Feeling the cold now. Temperature definitely feels like it's dropping. Looks like are around almost around 40 or so here now at the moment.

What's the que like thinking of leaving now myself is there more then 50

• Advertisement

iMark wrote: »

Is anybody able to meet you down at the queue to get you something. An extra pair of socks on and some gloves would go a long way. I'm speaking from experience, there is still a long time to wait.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement