Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

About 70 on the queue here at Fonthill, PowerCity.

Hope you poor sods don't get the lashing wind and rain I'm currently getting here. Granted I'm in my living room. I don't think an umbrella would do you much good either. It'd help see you go the way of Mary Poppins.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The JMC

Zonda999 wrote: »
    I was wondering the same, is this just staff taking them?

Sligo down to 1 in stock too, if staff is taking them at half 6 in the morning, that is fairly ****ty.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭iMark

The lads next to us just did a head count, 95 including people in cars. A few people out here will be sadly out of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

wait....now the stock checker is saying that theres only 1 in sligo. what sorcery is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Has to be the staff

• Advertisement

.....and now its gone in Sligo. ffs.

This will be fairly funny if it is showing out of stock everywhere and then it finally lets people reserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

7th in the queue!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 G.disarray

Yesssssass I got my reservation with argos!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Cwarim

iMark wrote: »
    The lads next to us just did a head count, 95 including people in cars. A few people out here will be sadly out of luck.

Really? 35 people in cars? I dont see that. Filling up quick now though. 10 new arrivals last 15 minutes.

Car people should not br allowed to jump the queue imo. How do we know that they've been here all this time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

phone reserve argos..3 words

I refuse to believe that all the Argos in Ireland received less than 10 PS4s. I guarantee if some lads chance their arm at the opening times, you could get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

a lot of the stock would be taken up by staff so yes its possible

now castlebar is gone.

Cwarim wrote: »
    Really? 35 people in cars? I dont see that. Filling up quick now though. 10 new arrivals last 15 minutes.

Car people should not br allowed to jump the queue imo. How do we know that they've been here all this time?

Well the lads who did the head count were polish fellas with little English. I think they said 95.

Agree with the cars though, it's too hard to tell who has been here a long time and who has not. I would love to sit in my car a bit but no way would I leave the line. The people at the very front have been there since 7pm yesterday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

G.disarray wrote: »
    Yesssssass I got my reservation with argos!!!! :D

Where and how?

and now all gone everywhere at Argos, funny how that situation unfolded over the last half hour..

You absolutely cannot sit in your car and then expect to jump the queue, those lads should be back of the line to be honest. Otherwise why would anybody else bother queuing up?

Just gave out tickets in Douglas, boom! Garuanteed! There's 19 in stock, bout 4-5 tickets left

Just gave out tickets in Douglas, boom! Garuanteed! There's 19 in stock, bout 4-5 tickets left
    And you're waiting til 8?

• Advertisement

Good to see standing in the cold has paid off for some of ye. Enjoy the next gen lads, loving my Xbox at the moment and can't wait to collect my PS4 this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Well the lads who did the head count were polish fellas with little English. I think they said 95.

Coming over here.....taking our feckin' women and our Playstations...
    I mean the women yeah.....

but our Playstation 4's :eek::eek:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

The JMC wrote: »
    I refuse to believe that all the Argos in Ireland received less than 10 PS4s. I guarantee if some lads chance their arm at the opening times, you could get lucky.

I rang argos in galway eariler in the week regarding stock and they told me that due to some supplier going bust that they wouldn't have any in stock for launch (i mentioned this in the other ps4 thread). After hearing about the argos staff behaviour i thought it was some story to put me off but now thinking it could be true.

And you're waiting til 8?

Another hour? Too right!

The JMC wrote: »
    You absolutely cannot sit in your car and then expect to jump the queue, those lads should be back of the line to be honest. Otherwise why would anybody else bother queuing up?

I know. It's stupid. But I have my place and to be honest that's all I care about right now lol.

and now all gone everywhere at Argos, funny how that situation unfolded over the last half hour..

I had a waffle with an Argos staff member in Blanch yesterday and he basically
    told me...theres barely enough for the staff as it is don't bother yer arse queing here my son...

Cahntz :rolleyes:

I might head to Argos at half 8 in the morning here in Sligo and I could enquire about any PS4s and report back here. Have a reservation there myself for NBA 2K14 on Xbox.

Fair play, didn;t think Tesco would give out tickets, fair play to them. Doesn;t look like I'll get one now, only heading in to Wilton now..

I know. It's stupid. But I have my place and to be honest that's all I care about right now lol.

Yeah you've been there since earliy, cheers for the updates m8 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 robrieguez

Cwarim wrote: »
    About 50 or so people fonthill. Only 2 came in last 15 minutes. No tickets. Some still in cars.

Just got there. Seems to be a lot more than 50! More like 100! Don't know if I'm arsed waiting for 2 hours to be told no

No tickets being given out, there'll be a load of cutting in too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement