Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The JMC

My dad was just telling me about the story when he queued in the freezing cold outside Tesco for the PS2 when I was a kid. This thread is giving me all sorts of nostalgia for those days!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Cwarim

robrieguez wrote: »
    Just got there. Seems to be a lot more than 50! More like 100! Don't know if I'm arsed waiting for 2 hours to be told no

No tickets being given out, there'll be a load of cutting in too

There was 50 when I posted. Probably 80 now. Not counting car people. If you're not already in line I'd say it's over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

The JMC wrote: »
    My dad was just telling me about the story when he queued in the freezing cold outside Tesco for the PS2 when I was a kid. This thread is giving me all sorts of nostalgia for those days!

You must be pretty young then if your dad had to queue up for the PS2 lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Ordered the kill zone Mega bundle with extra controller and camera, when I got home I only discovered that I got the standard kill zone ... no camera or extra controller...

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Some of us have been doing this since the Atari days, Feckin' Newbie ye :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 robrieguez

BordorFox wrote: »

Car people can feck off, waiting in a car isn't queuing. I could have shown up at 3 and had a kip in the car

BordorFox wrote: »

To be fair, it was 2000. I'm 24 now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

My da rang me from Powercity and said that he's 7th in the Que and that there's over 100 people there.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭iMark

Redzer7 wrote: »
    My da rang me from Powercity and said that he's 7th in the Que and that there's over 100 people there.

Yep there definitely is over 100 by now.

Car people can feck off, waiting in a car isn't queuing. I could have shown up at 3 and had a kip in the car

You'd have to have some cheek after stepping out of your toasty warm car to cut in front of a line of a hundred people who have been outside freezing their balls off.

• Advertisement

To be fair, it was 2000. I'm 24 now :D

Ah right, i was 24 in 2002 lol

Atari 2600 , star wars, when games blew you away.

star-wars.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

Argos online reservation is now up and running.....just in time to inform me that theres no f****ing consoles to reserve.

argos has reserve up now but failing and saying out of stock

My first experience of gaming was on NES with Duck Hunt so I'm not exactly a spring chicken but I never got to experience the "good old days" of Atari and Commodore.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Caoimhin

Good morning and the best of luck to ye getting a ps4 . Dundrum was quite the surprise, you also have power city on the malahide Road seems likely too

• Registered Users Posts: 34 robrieguez

Powercity should come out and give everyone a number. I'm near the end. Could be 90th, could be 110th. Don't want to wait here for nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

PS4 results from the Argos checker are going from "unknown" to "out of stock"
    http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=1222540

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭iMark

Powercity should come out and give everyone a number. I'm near the end. Could be 90th, could be 110th. Don't want to wait here for nothing

Are the staff even here yet though? I didn't see them go in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Woke up this morning thinking I might be able to reserve on in Argos. Are they really all out of stock? Or did they even get any in?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Woke up this morning thinking I might be able to reserve on in Argos. Are they really all out of stock? Or did they even get any in?

Limerick Sligo and castle bar showed 1 or 2 consoles each, all out of stock before the reserve function came up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Argos Dundalk are showing 5 with shadow fall game in stock, just reserved one.

• Site Banned Posts: 106 ✭✭J.P.M

How very very sad!

Loads of bundles on the Argos website now, get reserving

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

They are available to reserve up north too. Dungannon, Armagh & Cookstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

i cant see ****??

edit: found them. all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

Website just crashed!

Search ps4 get the numbers and store locator number and try their phone reserve service

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Whosmissed

Got myself an Argos reservation number, does this guarantee my console .?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Fcuk all stock :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Got the last one in Castlebar! Knack Bundle but il take what I can feckin get!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement