Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Looks like I'l have a PS4 for sale on Tuesday, if anyones still looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Tesco will have more in a week or two also

• Registered Users Posts: 33 treble1999

gep91 wrote: »
    can you PM me that address please? as im surrently in work and unable to access certain sites

I would imagine you would have to register and pay for a Parcel Motel address :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

People will still get them before Christmas, stock will start coming in now.

But on another note:

DON'T GIVE ANY PROFITEERING DONEDEAL/ADVERTS DEGENERATES ANY OF YOUR MONEY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭leex

Best way of reserving is through the 01-2161616 number when site is unstable. Worked for me this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 bagsofballs

Plenty picking up pre orders in Harvey Norman kinsale road earlier, they had extras, I saw a few get a bundle without a pre order

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

Anyone tried brown Thomas?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Plenty picking up pre orders in Harvey Norman kinsale road earlier, they had extras, I saw a few get a bundle without a pre order

Yep, was my back up plan, posted a few times that they said they may have extras, and didnt open till 09:30

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Tried the Gamestop in mahon point, they're only new enough down in MP and they had only 20 for sale, all gone.

Didnt ask if they were pre-ordered or 1st come, 1st serve but Argos, Tesco and Gamestop all in Mahon Point are sold out.

Tesco had people waiting since 1am.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kucyk

have one Knack bundle secured in Argos in Monaghan, PM me, first come first served :)

GONE

It's gone to RampantRichie, I am sorry I can't help you all :(

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Tried the Gamestop in mahon point, they're only new enough down in MP and they had only 20 for sale, all gone.

Didnt ask if they were pre-ordered or 1st come, 1st serve but Argos, Tesco and Gamestop all in Mahon Point are sold out.

Tesco had people waiting since 1am.

1 AM is madness, heard Wilton was the same.

1 AM is madness, heard Wilton was the same.

Ya some of the Wilton crowd spilled in with the Gamestop pre-orders so it looked alot worse then it was, at least Wilton was 24hours so you could wait inside, MP Tesco hasnt been 24hours in a few years and I wouldnt fancy waiting out in the cold for it for 7 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 skyward_blade

Has anyone who's tried to reserve at Argos on 01-216-1616 actually received a reservation number? The machine is unclear on whether it will actually place a reservation on an item that's OOS.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya some of the Wilton crowd spilled in with the Gamestop pre-orders so it looked alot worse then it was, at least Wilton was 24hours so you could wait inside, MP Tesco hasnt been 24hours in a few years and I wouldnt fancy waiting out in the cold for it for 7 hours.

Douglas was the one to go to, Got 19 in, and were 4 people in the queue when I arrived at 06:30

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Pacifico wrote: »
    Ye broke checkargos.com!!

Letshost suspended account, guessing due to usage spike lol

Has anyone who's tried to reserve at Argos on 01-216-1616 actually received a reservation number? The machine is unclear on whether it will actually place a reservation on an item that's OOS.

Yes - got texts.

Douglas was the one to go to, Got 19 in, and were 4 people in the queue when I arrived at 06:30

Balls....had a client deadline to be sent at 9am this morning so couldnt do anything other then hope an Argos reserve bundle was around, if I hadnt I would have chanced it and rang in "sick" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

all argos are out of stock in dublin area so the website says

has it been updated or is it still possible to grab one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭tigger123

daRobot wrote: »
    People will still get them before Christmas, stock will start coming in now.

But on another note:

DON'T GIVE ANY PROFITEERING DONEDEAL/ADVERTS DEGENERATES ANY OF YOUR MONEY

I paid for a ps4 last night on Gamestops website. I followed it up with a phonecall afterwards to their Stephen's Green Branch and was told it would be mid to late January before I receive it... What makes you so sure there'll be new stock before Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bpm1989

Lads just letting you know I picked up my ps4 killzone bundle in Argos in swords about an hour ago. Absolutely no hassle I feel bad for anyone who had to queue to get one. Reserved about half 8 this morning there was only 1 in stock. Best of luck to everyone trying to grab one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

bpm1989 wrote: »
    Lads just letting you know I picked up my ps4 killzone bundle in Argos in swords about an hour ago. Absolutely no hassle I feel bad for anyone who had to queue to get one. Reserved about half 8 this morning there was only 1 in stock. Best of luck to everyone trying to grab one!

Going to pick mine up late today hopefully it goes ok.

leex wrote: »
    Yes - got texts.

Must be just me then! Rang em twice. First time, no text after about 20 mins. Next time I waited for the reservation number over the phone and nothing either time. Might be best to try later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Shielsrachel

Just spoke to a girl I know who works in argos and said all the staff bought them In omni it shouldn't be allowed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

anybody got any argos omni reservations

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bpm1989

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Going to pick mine up late today hopefully it goes ok.

You should have no problems I was talking to the manager he said there was a few queuers but due to the online reservation system most of them left empty handed. I reckon Argos is still your best bet

Must be just me then! Rang em twice. First time, no text after about 20 mins. Next time I waited for the reservation number over the phone and nothing either time. Might be best to try later on.

Did you put the # in after your number and confirm it was correct when they repeated it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

bpm1989 wrote: »
    You should have no problems I was talking to the manager he said there was a few queuers but due to the online reservation system most of them left empty handed. I reckon Argos is still your best bet

Ah im not too fussed was glad I could help some people get a ps 4 on here earlier. That was good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 keithritchie

Yes - got texts.

I would'nt trust a reservation. Cant see them holding on to a ps4 with 50+ people queing to get one there and then. But thats just my own paranoid opinion on it ha. I'll stand corrected if somebody successfully got one today or tommorow with a reservation of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

biggebruv wrote: »
    all argos are out of stock in dublin area so the website says

has it been updated or is it still possible to grab one?

There have been some updates here and there but they get reserved online pretty much immediately. If you have the time to keep an eye on the site every now and then you might get extremely lucky. But simply walking into an Argos and checking the stock on the system or asking staff will only result in you leaving empty handed.

• Advertisement

Did you put the # in after your number and confirm it was correct when they repeated it?

Can't remember if I did put in the #, although the number was read back to me, and it was definitely correct.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement